New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

The Well of Lost Plots :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
For chat regarding 'Well of lost Plots'.  
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Bestseller list
Posted by: Anonymous User (195.163.30.---)
Date: August 04, 2003 12:28PM

Jasper Fforde has himself reported about the bestseller lists, but I thought it would be interesting to give you some more details.

On The Bookseller’s bestseller list for the week ending 5th July 2003, The Well of Lost Plots was on position 10 on the list for original fiction. He sold 1591 copies that week (compared to HP5 which sold 25407 copies during the same week). I don’t think Internet sales are included here.

On the list for the week ending 12th July 2003, WOLP was on position 15 and had sold another 1570 copies.

I don’t know if he stayed on the list for the next week (haven’t got that issue of The Bookseller yet).

/Mattias
(Not Mathias, the horse)

Re: Bestseller list
Posted by: Auntysassy (---.webport.bt.net)
Date: August 04, 2003 08:20PM

The data in the Bookseller does include internet sales - it comes from BookScan - it also includes all the main high street bookshops, supermarkets, travel shops (railway and airport) etc. I work for BookScan, doing the charts for the newspapers, radio and TV though not for the Bookseller - we just sell them the data. I'm sure that I put some stuff about the Bestsellers in another thread - but now can't find it!

He dropped out after then- original fiction is all new hardback and paperback fiction titles with a RRP of £8.50 and above - there are a lot of them about. The edition making it into the charts was the paperback one.

The next charts are out tomorrow so I'll know around 1pm what the latest monitored sales are.

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.telia.com)
Date: August 05, 2003 02:28AM

Thanks, Auntysassy, for explaining it all! I just happened to see the lists when I was back at office today and thought I should share the information in case it hadn't been posted earlier.

Interesting to know the details you are describing. I hadn't expected Internet sales to be a part of the sum.

/Mattias
(Not the horse)

Posted by: Sarah B (---.cable.ubr06.dudl.blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: August 08, 2003 09:55PM

Yay for him anyways!

<woosh> (Sound of all that going over my head...)

--------------

There's a hole in my creativity bucket and it's all leaked out.

Posted by: Auntysassy (193.132.206.---)
Date: August 11, 2003 11:34AM

Try www.nielsenbookscan.co.uk - updated every Tuesday evening (or should be!) with the latest Top 100 all titles and breakdowns in a few categories as well.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.