New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

The Well of Lost Plots :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
For chat regarding 'Well of lost Plots'.  
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
password
Posted by: blaubaerin (---.pool.mediaWays.net)
Date: August 29, 2003 02:19PM

Hi everyone!

Pleeaase, is ther anyone who can help me with the password for the special features?! I'm searching all over the book (well, okay, erm... am not completely finished yet...) and can't find it. [I was absolutely sure it would be on 114-116, but nothing works] If you just told me _whereabouts_ I could find the password I'd already be glad. Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
blaubaerin :o)

Re: password
Posted by: Rob (---.leeds.ac.uk)
Date: August 29, 2003 02:33PM

Hi there,
Try 'the password' thread which is on the previous page (click 'older messages' at the bottom of the page).

And welcome aboard...

Date: August 29, 2003 02:52PM

Aaaaah!
Thanks a lot, Rob - forgot to have a look on the older message pages.
Now I've got it as well. ... I was just thinking a bit too complicated and didn't see the obvious; ... so typical. (In German we would say, 'I didn't see the forest because of all the trees'. *g*)

Cheers,
blaubaerin :o)

Posted by: Rob (---.leeds.ac.uk)
Date: August 29, 2003 03:25PM

Or possibly...

Ich habe den Wald für alle Bäume nicht gesehen

(Sorry my German's not so good.)

Anyway, we would also say 'I couldn't see the wood for the trees'

Date: August 29, 2003 03:31PM

Hey,

I'm impressed - your German doesn't seem to be that bad. ;-) You've nearly got it correct: "Ich hab(e) den Wald vor lauter Bäumen nicht gesehen."

> Anyway, we would also say 'I couldn't see the wood for the
> trees'
Oh, I didn't know that. Well, interesting. There are quite some similarities in English and German proverbs. ... ah, careful ... the linguist taking over ...

Posted by: Auntysassy (193.132.206.---)
Date: August 29, 2003 03:50PM

Je snekke ikke Norsk - just thought I'd throw in a bit of Norwegian (hope I've got the spelling correct for any Norwegians out there!)

It's my only sentance in Norwegian, but comes in handy because it means 'I do not speak Norwegian'.

But as a Norwegian pointed out to me (in English), if I didn't speak Norwegian I wouldn't know that sentance. So I'm going to have to learn 'I don't speak any more Norwegian than what I am saying now' ........ or similar.

Date: August 29, 2003 04:22PM

Hi Auntysassy,

as it happens, I've just been on holiday to Norway and can tell you that it is spelt "Jeg snakker ikke Norsk". Also one of very few things I'm able to say in Norwegian. ;-) I've been told I could say "Jeg snakker litt Norsk", which means "I speak little Norwegian". But I guess the Norwegians would figure out pretty quickly anyway that you're not able to say a lot more...

:o)

Posted by: splat21 (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: August 29, 2003 05:36PM

Welcome Blaubaerin - hope you have fun here : )

_ _ _ _ _

If the English language made any sense, a catastrophe would be an apostrophe with fur.

Posted by: Simon (---.westsussex.gov.uk)
Date: August 30, 2003 12:43PM

Yes, welcome. I hope that you are not allergic to cats...

Posted by: SLIGHTCAP (---.dalect01.va.comcast.net)
Date: August 30, 2003 10:19PM

or chocolate. welcome aboard!!!

Posted by: Rhea (---.mamkschools.org)
Date: September 10, 2003 05:41PM

Willkommen zum Fforum. Wir hoffen, daß Sie Ihren Aufenthalt genießen.

it's been a while since I've spoken, so my grammar might be wrong.

Posted by: markq (---.access.uk.tiscali.com)
Date: October 10, 2003 02:35PM

Try 'Sapphire'. It's refered to in LIAGB early on as a password to the place where the dangerous creatrues are kept

Posted by: blaubaerin (---.dip.t-dialin.net)
Date: October 14, 2003 02:19AM

Thanks for the welcome!

Rhea:
It's perfect. (Only a bit formal with the "Sie".)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.