New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

The Well of Lost Plots :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
For chat regarding 'Well of lost Plots'.  
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
did any body notice...?
Posted by: Anonymous User (---.stlucia.uq.net.au)
Date: October 08, 2003 04:21AM

At the end of LIAGB when Thursday is talking to Mary just before she starts her character exchange. They are talking about the "Short Sunderland" (flying house boat) and Mary says "built in 1943, but last flew in '54." However, at the start of TWOLP, when Forde uses the first part of chapter one to recap what happened at the end of the previous book, the dates are different.
Mary says "built in 1943, but last flew in '68."
Did anybody else notice this?

ps: i am really sorry if this has alreday been brought up

Emily

Re: did any body notice...?
Posted by: Anonymous User (---.dalect01.va.comcast.net)
Date: October 09, 2003 11:09AM

good catch...I bet it'll show up in the book upgrades!

Posted by: Simon (---.westsussex.gov.uk)
Date: October 09, 2003 07:05PM

Remember that the version of 'Caversham Heights' involved was only an unfinished draft: Maybe ITS author had included both of the different dates for that plane's last flight, at different places in the storyline, and this detail hadn't yet been edited into a single "correct" answer ? :-)

Posted by: markq (---.access.uk.tiscali.com)
Date: October 10, 2003 02:28PM

Maybe a bit of time distortion, a job for the Chronoguard perhaps?

Upgradation
Posted by: Anonymous User (---.pete.cable.ntl.com)
Date: October 12, 2003 03:48PM

..can anyone remind/inform/update me on how the Upgrades bit works, please..? Is it solely for Mr Fforde to notice typos and rubble, or is there a Fforum where people post niggles they've noticed..?

:)

Posted by: Magda (---.dialip.mich.net)
Date: October 13, 2003 12:07AM

He often notices things mentioned in the Fforum and adds them to the updates himself. You can also email him directly and make sure he knows about them.

Posted by: Jonathan (212.137.30.---)
Date: November 11, 2003 02:14PM

We noticed another in the Eyre Affair, where we met Mr Stiggins for the first time and he referred to himselves as I

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.