New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

The Well of Lost Plots :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
For chat regarding 'Well of lost Plots'.  
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Jacks new book plot
Posted by: Anonymous User (---.wc.optusnet.com.au)
Date: November 11, 2003 12:22AM

Just a hunch but when Thursday is outlining Jacks new book plot involving the nursery rhyme characters, it sounded very much like the plot of Robert Rankins book 'The Chocolate Bunnies of The Apocolypse'. Anyone else think that?

Re: Jacks new book plot
Posted by: Anonymous User (---.range217-44.btcentralplus.com)
Date: November 15, 2003 07:55PM

Yes, I thought that.

I understand the plot is one Jasper had for one of his own pre-Next books. I guess that one won't be seeing the light of published day now.

Posted by: simeyk (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: November 16, 2003 09:44PM

Read in an interview that Jasper included a reference to this book as it was one he already written but had not been taken up, and he wanted to give the publishers a nudge to go and look at his back catalogue. Or hope some dedicated fans might campaign for its release. However the plot similarities to Rankin's fine work might cause problems in this crazy legal world we live in. They both seem like nice guys though, maybe they could sort something...

Posted by: Sarah B (---.cable.ubr06.dudl.blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: January 15, 2004 08:39PM

Campaign! Oh, goody! Let's!

*goes to hunt for her placard*

--------------

There's a hole in my creativity bucket and it's all leaked out.

Posted by: Dibs (---.gsi.gov.uk)
Date: January 26, 2004 03:48PM

Apparently it was a book he wrote that he couldn't find a publisher for. He then wrote a sequel to it. Now there's some self belief.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.