New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

The Well of Lost Plots :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
For chat regarding 'Well of lost Plots'.  
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Entertainment Weekly review of WOLP
Posted by: Terry (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: March 02, 2004 01:34AM

Issue #754 (March 5th) rates The Well of Lost Plots a B+! According to the short review, the book at times "seems to tread water, but Fforde's inventiveness remains a bookworm's delight." I think it is great that Jasper's getting some press in such a widely circulated magazine.

Terry

Re: Entertainment Weekly review of WOLP
Posted by: Redvogue21 (---.labs.bgsu.edu)
Date: March 02, 2004 04:50PM

I got so excited when I saw the review! Not only because WOLP got a B+, but, yes, because a mainstream magazine reviewed. For awhile now I've felt like the Thursday Next series has only a cult following - it's like the Rocky Horror of the literary world. But now I'm tempted to write to EW and thank them for giving Jasper and his books some much-deserved recognition!

Posted by: mebbeido (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: March 02, 2004 08:20PM

Hello people, I'm glad it got a B+, but I would have preferred an A, oh well, I still love 'em!

------------
'Pompadour,' spat my mother. 'Living in sin with his pompadour.'

Posted by: Terry (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: March 03, 2004 03:08AM

Did you also notice that the "IT list" issue of Entertainment Weekly a couple of years ago also featured the esteemed Mr. Fforde?

Posted by: Devin (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: March 03, 2004 11:44PM

"Did you also notice that the "IT list" issue of Entertainment Weekly a couple of years ago also featured the esteemed Mr. Fforde?"

That It List is actually what got me hooked into the world of Thursday. :) I think EW also gave Lost in a Good Book an A. Well was also reviewed in People a week or two ago, and they gave that a very positive review.

Posted by: SLIGHTCAP (---.dalect01.va.comcast.net)
Date: March 04, 2004 12:42AM

I think EW actually reviewed TEA first. I ignored the review, and passed the book by three times on the shelf, before picking it up and reading the jacket. The rest, as they say, is history.

Posted by: mebbeido (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: March 04, 2004 04:29PM

I found it in the many piles of books my Dad has, and fancied it from the blurb but never read it until it was reccommended to me.

------------
'Pompadour,' spat my mother. 'Living in sin with his pompadour.'

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.