New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

The Well of Lost Plots :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
For chat regarding 'Well of lost Plots'.  
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Excellent!
Posted by: Anonymous User (---.mdconsult.com)
Date: August 23, 2004 03:34PM

Just a quick post ... I finally picked up WOLP and think it is the best of the series. I'm about midway through. So far, the scene with the Generics and Mary's unrequitted beau is my favorite. Especially because Thursday is teaching them the conventions of fiction, and then acts perfectly realistically by inviting him in for tea and a chat.

And I've always hated Wuthering Heights. So it's fun reading about the rage counseling sessions.

Thanks Jasper!

Re: Excellent!
Posted by: xshinex (---.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com)
Date: September 07, 2004 05:31AM

i have finished reading WoLP about.. 4 hours ago and I haven't stopped smiling since because right after I finished, I ran to the book store and got myself a copy of Something Rotten. I read the first chapter and I cant wait to continue.

I loved the part when Thursday was teaching ibb and obb and used Arnold as a guinea pig.

(btw im new to the forum. does the author ever post on the forum?)

Posted by: Barefoot Andy (195.188.86.---)
Date: September 07, 2004 11:36AM

Very rarely, been on here a few months and not seen it (I believe it is under Pajandarum). Apparently all posts on all fforum boards are emailed to him, but I wouldn't blame him if he deals with them the same way as adverts for breast enlargement and egg whisks bedroom aids.....

Oh, and welcome! Please help yourself to virtual cake, tea and alcoholic beverages. Both of you.

-------
Turn the silliness to eleven!

Posted by: KT (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: September 07, 2004 01:21PM

Welcome.
The last time Jasper posted was about half way down the FfordeCon thread on Nextian Chat. He usually signs in as Jasper rather than Panjandrum now. He says that he skims the posts, but if there is anything you think that he should know (spam, offensive stuff etc) he welcomes emails and responds quite quickly.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.