New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

The Well of Lost Plots :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
For chat regarding 'Well of lost Plots'.  
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
outland book readings
Posted by: Anonymous User (---.gwffoundation.org)
Date: August 31, 2004 08:23PM

Hi- I'm new here, and my question is probably going to seem a little trivial compared to some of the really complicated ones I've seen while perusing the older threads, but I just seem to get hung up on it whenever I'm thinking about WOLP! Alright, so the characters in books only have to be present in the book when they are in a specific scene (like when Estella tells Miss Havisham that she's two paragraphs late at one point) but, if multiple readings of the book are going on at one time in the outland, how can the characters be acting out the book in such a linear fashion? It seems that Miss Havisham is out of the book an awful lot not to miss any scenes in any possible readings that are happening at the time. I mean, I guess that they can't be in every scene of the book at once, but it still confuses me....

Re: outland book readings
Posted by: Anonymous User (---.dalect01.va.comcast.net)
Date: September 07, 2004 09:45PM

Oooh, somewhere that's explained...I'll have to see if I can look into it a little more.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.