New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

The Well of Lost Plots :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
For chat regarding 'Well of lost Plots'.  
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Stupid mispeling question?
Posted by: Anonymous User (---.228.57.251.Dial1.Denver1.Level3.net)
Date: December 22, 2004 07:43AM

I noticed that throughout the book, the word misspell is, well, mispeled. It usually comes up around the vyrus, and I wasn't sure if it was because of the vyrus, that the word is just spelled differently in the UK, or if it was an inside joke. Any opinions?

Re: Stupid mispeling question?
Posted by: MuseSusan (---.dsl.lsan03.pacbell.net)
Date: December 23, 2004 03:23AM

The correct spelling of "mispell" is "mispell". Also note that the virus is spelled "vyrus". So the mispeling vyrus is spelled that way because it's, well, the mispeling vyrus. My personal theory is that because the term has been used so often around the vyrus, it has been fundamentally and permanently mispeled.
Welcome to the fforum, by the way! The tea and Battenberg will be around shortly, unless someone has eaten the last of it; meanwhile take a look around and try not to get too scared of us.

Re: Stupid mispeling question?
Posted by: Loopy Lou (---.108.client.e-access.com.au)
Date: December 28, 2004 03:57AM

ahhhh. I had often wondered bout that.

=)

Yes.... Uh, no.... Actually......I don't know.... Um, hang on.... What was the question again?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.