New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

The Well of Lost Plots :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
For chat regarding 'Well of lost Plots'.  
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
possible booboo?
Posted by: ssharon (---.fl-miami0.sa.earthlink.net)
Date: April 30, 2005 12:15AM

I know I miss things when reading these books, but why, on page 27 (of the US edition), 8 paragraphs into chapter 3, does it say [I had wanted to get Landen out of The Raven]? It was Jack Schitt that Thursday had to get out of The Raven, right?!

Re: possible booboo?
Posted by: SLIGHTCAP (---.dalect01.va.comcast.net)
Date: April 30, 2005 12:41AM

You're right. It IS a booboo. That's why Jasper fixed it on his upgrades page.
Welcome to the fforum, and watch out for the tea and cakes. I think they've been tampered with.

Post Edited (04-30-05 01:41)

Posted by: Jinx McGuire (---.hsd1.wa.comcast.net)
Date: May 08, 2005 12:01AM

I've been upgraded to Version 1.1, but I still think there are some errors.

At the end oc Ch. 24, would Harris Tweed actually have said, ". . .he might be after you or I next."? Could it be a typesetting error or enthusiastic editing?

I'm quite sure that near the end of Ch. 31, it was a grammasite problem that caused Thursday to say, "I couldn't breath and started to black out."

I thought there was a serious error in Ch. 25 when she said, "Esgipysgod fi, ond. . . " until I kept reading and found the driver of the car "got the message," probably with a chuckle.

Jinx

Posted by: literaryloser (---.sktn.hsdb.sasknet.sk.ca)
Date: May 21, 2006 07:57AM

Well I sure did notice that, I didn't think they made mistakes like that, I sure it hope it never happens to me when my books get published, all well when you a write books as good as Jasper's who cares!

SpecOps-27 Wordage is our business Grammar is our game.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.