New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

The Well of Lost Plots :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
For chat regarding 'Well of lost Plots'.  
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Well of Lost Souls? LOL ebay auction...
Posted by: PrincessP (---.dhcp.gldl.ca.charter.com)
Date: September 11, 2006 06:33AM

Apparently this bookperson working for The Cat (notice the seller's ID) is not very attentive to details. They typed in the title as "The Well of Lost Souls"!
[cgi.ebay.com]

Re: Well of Lost Souls? LOL ebay auction...
Posted by: PrincessP (---.caltech.edu)
Date: October 31, 2006 08:24PM

What is it with ebay sellers? Is reading a title and typing it in beyond their concentration level? The next title mutilation was inflicted upon Lost in a Good Book. This seller has renamed it "Love is a Good Book." (eyes rolling)
[cgi.ebay.com]

Posted by: PrincessP (---.dhcp.gldl.ca.charter.com)
Date: November 13, 2006 07:31AM

It's kind of nice to have my own little rant session going on here.
I'll pretend like somebody else is reading.
In case you can't tell, I've been trolling ebay for Fforde whatnots (I'm trying to get postcards and UK versions of the books). Anyways, today's ebay search brought up an alternative timeline version of the books, one in which our heroine has been named Tuesday Next. This seller has FOUR of the books up for sale. All the interior descriptions have the name correct as Thursday, but apparently it was beyond their capabilities to get the name right in the auction title. I suspect the plot descriptions were copied from other auctions and they weren't paying much attention when writing the title.
It kind of irks me how reckless they are with these gems. It also irks me to see some of the same sellers posting over and over again signed book after signed book. I wonder how many they take to get autographed? The quantity of repeated auctions by the same seller is mind boggling.

Posted by: MuseSusan (---.union.edu)
Date: November 13, 2006 07:26PM

I'm reading, I'm reading!

That's frustrating when people can't get easy details right. I don't much care if someone describes The Eyre Affair as a book in which Jane's father cheats on his wife, but come on! It says the name "Thursday Next" multiple times on the cover of the book!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.