New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

The Well of Lost Plots :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
For chat regarding 'Well of lost Plots'.  
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Captain Nemo
Posted by: Anonymous User (---.mdldcmtk01.tx.dh.suddenlink.net)
Date: June 19, 2008 05:19PM

I am near the middle of WOLP. I know the book was written 5 or 6 years ago, but one of the features of literature is that it brings another time to your present.

I just found out that Captain Nemo, commander of the Nautilus, is wasting away in Caversham Heights, no sequel in sight. How soon he has forgotten! Mr. Verne himself can tell you how the good Captain saved the day in "Mysterious Island"!

Re: Captain Nemo
Posted by: SkidMarks (---.40.21.217.sub.mbb.three.co.uk)
Date: June 23, 2008 11:33AM

Welome errolv!

make your way to Nextian, where most of the anarchy is contained. These individual book-related threads tend to go fairly quiet after the book has been out for a while.

In reply to your comment, while you are correct, is it possible that the captain Nemo in question has not yet been called back for Mysterious Island - and is he the same Captain Nemo who eventually appeared in "The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen"? Perhaps J-Ff can enlighten us?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.