New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Something Rotten :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
For posts regarding TN-4 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Giving Birth in Bookworld
Posted by: Anonymous User (---.nsw.bigpond.net.au)
Date: May 14, 2006 09:00AM

As a sentimentalist, I was disappointed when Thursday turned up in this book, baby in arms. I can understand why, but it would've been so interesting to have Thursday give birth in Bookworld!

Can't remember which book it was (Cold Comfort Farm?) where the heroine hopes her birth experience doesn't resemble Kitty's in Anna Karenina (must agree there). So then, which book would be preferable? That way Thursday could pop over there.

Another horror was Ethel Turner's if you ever read her letters. She reckoned it was like having her arms pulled off.

Carly

Re: Giving Birth in Bookworld
Posted by: Zuki-pah (---.dyn.iinet.net.au)
Date: May 14, 2006 11:59AM

Personally, I'm glad JF left the screaming birthing baby scene out of the written and left it in the imagination filled space between books. However your idea of her popping into some other birthing narrative for the experience is, I must say, original :-)

By the way, welcome to the fforum! Always great to have another Aussie. Feel free to have some cake <holds out platter of battenburg> or maybe some marshmallows, if you can get them away from the dodos <angry plocking comes from general direction of marshmallows>.

Oh, and pop on over to Nextian chat, there is more weird and wonderful fforumite traffic there.

- Zuki-pah

'Who looks after the animals?'

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.