New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Something Rotten :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
For posts regarding TN-4 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Nursery Crimes
Posted by: annie (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: June 28, 2004 11:14PM

..So Amazon are advertising TN5 ' Nursey Crimes '...Have I missed something?

Re: Nursery Crimes
Posted by: Anonymous User (---.dalect01.va.comcast.net)
Date: June 29, 2004 02:27AM

Jasper will be taking a year off from the Thursday Next series and will be publishing a polished up version of one of his earlier, unpublished books. This will be very much in the vain of Caversham Heights and the murder of Humpty Dumpty. Should be fun!

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.server.ntli.net)
Date: June 29, 2004 09:34PM

Excellent! Will be looking forward to that. Of course, Jasper, I feel, deserves a break and so becoming slightly dictatorial I think he should have one. Away with you, put down the pen and go learn how to use a sword or some other such needed skill! ;-)

luv.

deref.

Posted by: Del (---.access.uk.tiscali.com)
Date: June 30, 2004 01:10AM

A year off!! Say it isn't so, please! I'll have to read TN4 at a rate of one chapter a month just to keep me going. I kind of like the idea of Humpty Dumpty being pushed though in Nursery Crimes. Was it the King do you think? Maybe Humpty was having an affair with the Queen and the King had him bumped off, so to speak. That may have been why the King's men were there so quickly. In Tarrentino style they could of been on skull duty trying to put him back together again, knowing it was an impossible task, just to confuse the reader. I think it was the same guy that stole Little Bo Peep's sheep. Whoever would upset Bo like that it definitely capable of murder.
Anyway, sounds like fun whoever it was!

See ya later, Del.

Posted by: Matthew B (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: July 05, 2004 08:48PM

When will 'Nursery Crimes' be available in the U.S.?

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.access.uk.tiscali.com)
Date: July 16, 2004 10:24AM

So Nursery Crimes won't be the next Next book??????

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.dalect01.va.comcast.net)
Date: July 16, 2004 02:05PM

Nope, Nursery Crimes is more like Caversham Heights from WOLP...a who killed Humpty Dumpty thing...I can't wait!

Posted by: Rob (---.leeds.ac.uk)
Date: August 02, 2004 10:23AM

I asked Jasper at the signing and Nursery Crimes is out next summer. I guess that means a couple of years before the next Next.

Posted by: Naquita (---.server.ntli.net)
Date: October 29, 2004 02:07PM

THe next Thursday next book is scheduled to come out july 17th 2006....... this is accordng to amazon.co.uk but they don't even have a title yet!

You can actually preorder the next TN book though!

Posted by: InvisibleManiac (---.pws.iss.soton.ac.uk)
Date: November 03, 2004 10:13AM

Heh, internet shopping at its best.

I wonder what it feels like to preorder a (as yet) nonexistent product....

--
IM - The Friendly Voice of Chaos

"Hey! You tore up my tablecloth!"

Posted by: boffin (---.access.uk.tiscali.com)
Date: November 03, 2004 10:48PM

Curiously negative.

Posted by: Anonymous User (203.78.9.---)
Date: November 04, 2004 05:24AM

What's the consensus on Nursery Crimes?Personally I had hoped that Landen and Friday would get more pages.The whole Friday-as-ChronoGuard thing needs some sort of event to kickstart it,don't you think?

On the other hand,it woul be interesting to see Jasper writing in the third person,or as some other character in WOLP(Humpty Dumpty?).That guest first-person with Landen was a great little surprise,I'm hoping Nursery Crimes allows him to do a little branching out,narrative wise.Not that it needs any improving,mind you.Just a change of pace,or a fresher piece of Battenberg.

Posted by: Kettle of Fish (---.eburwd6.vic.optusnet.com.au)
Date: November 06, 2004 02:26PM

Tasha, I'm not sure that Nursery Crimes is a Thursday Next book.

============================================
The inimical is often more instructive than the benign.
So between screams, try to pay attention.
============================================

Posted by: boffin (---.access.uk.tiscali.com)
Date: November 06, 2004 03:54PM

I, on the other hand, am entirely sure that 'Nursery Crimes' IS NOT a Thursday Next book; or do I mean that it is not Thursday Next's next book?

Posted by: Barefoot Andy (195.188.86.---)
Date: November 08, 2004 11:01AM

Depending on the worldview and diegesis, it might have something along the lines of "this girl who'd apparently just had a sprog said she was investigating, but we saw her off", but I can say with confidence that it won't be a Thursday Next book.

-------
Turn the silliness to eleven!

Posted by: pip (---.server.ntli.net)
Date: November 09, 2004 09:16PM

Will it be set in Caversham Heights though?? I live there and love feeling like my area's famous...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.