New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Something Rotten :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
For posts regarding TN-4 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Just got it....
Posted by: Auntysassy (---.webport.bt.net)
Date: July 26, 2004 11:28AM

So far up to page 136.

Can't stop laughing at the Compass Rose Duffel Coats reference - Nicholas Monsarrat is one of my favourite writers.

Back to the book.................

Re: Just got it....
Posted by: Sarah B (---.cable.ubr06.dudl.blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: July 27, 2004 09:38PM

Read it all in just under seven hours, which includes numrous stops to answer the door, telephone and eat my tea.

And now I have to wait at least a week to read it again, because Stephen has stolen it to read, then Mom will, then Dad. Grrr.

Still, at least I got it first!

--------------

There's a hole in my creativity bucket and it's all leaked out.

Posted by: Auntysassy (---.webport.bt.net)
Date: July 28, 2004 06:46PM

Finished it by lunchtime on Monday and started it again this afternoon - after getting a job and decorating the sitting room (well part of it, I ran out of paint!)

This time will pick up all the references/puns/sick jokes that I missed first time round (hopefully - after all it took more than 2 readings to get Landen Parke-Laine in the Eyre Affair!)

Posted by: skiffle (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: July 28, 2004 07:12PM

Got my copy yesterday at the signing, and finished reading it today. Thoroughly enjoyed it all.

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.dsl.nyc.megapath.net)
Date: July 30, 2004 06:35PM

Mine just arrived in the mail, shipped from England to New Jersey. I can't wait to get home from work so I can start reading it! Very excited. I have that "new book glow" and can't stop smiling . . .

Deb in NJ

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.range217-43.btcentralplus.com)
Date: July 30, 2004 09:24PM

Got it on Tuesday, finished in four hours. Couldn't put it down. It resolves some of the major issues from TN1-TN3 and is a brilliant read in itself. Well done, Jasper Fforde!

Posted by: Barefoot Andy (195.188.86.---)
Date: August 02, 2004 02:45PM

Yep, got it on Thursday Last, but still have not completed it, probably due to being busy at weekend. Grrrr. Loved "Evade the Question Time" and Hamlet arguing with St Jvlkx (go on, correct me on the spelling!) in different typefonts. Spiffing!

-------
Turn the silliness to eleven!

Posted by: Simon (---.westsussex.gov.uk)
Date: August 02, 2004 02:56PM

Zvlkx?

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.cable.ubr02.stav.blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: August 20, 2004 09:22PM

I'm still waiting for amazon to send me mine - 1-2 week waiting list and thats after they have buggered about with my credit card

Posted by: Barefoot Andy (195.188.86.---)
Date: August 24, 2004 10:21AM

I recommend making sure you clean your card thoroughly, that sort of thing is very unhygenic

-------
Turn the silliness to eleven!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.