New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Something Rotten :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
For posts regarding TN-4 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: which version did you get
Posted by: KKate (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: August 02, 2004 11:25PM

Auntysassy Southampton is a wonderful place, park in West Quay @#$%& and easy access (compared to Winchester at least), I agree about Portsmouth though. Anyway I couldn't find the orange cover one anywhere here, so good luck.

Posted by: Blum (---.adsl.xs4all.nl)
Date: August 09, 2004 11:51PM

I want the MINOTAUR for the paperback!!! And so want my customers who are into the series, they say. It's so stupid publishers change covers in the middle of a series so very often. I work in a bookstore and people get very annoyed every time that happens.

Posted by: MissPrint (---.range81-154.btcentralplus.com)
Date: August 10, 2004 12:16AM

I thought I'd prefer the minotaur one, but when I saw the colourful one, I really liked the look. All my Jff books are mismatched, and I kind of like it that way.

Also amused myself by considering how one would describe the pictured state of the dw if one was selling one that actually looked like that:

some creasing, sl chipped, minor tears to spine o/w good

Posted by: Terry (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: August 10, 2004 11:23AM

I just received the "library edition" hardcover with the minotaur on it from amazon.co.uk. I just started reading it last night, and I'm loving it.

Posted by: skiffle (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: August 15, 2004 01:57PM

I like both styles of cover, though if they had been the same price, I would have chosen the minotaur to go with the older ones.

However, the pulp cover is about a fiver @#$%&, so I got that.

I loaned the book to a friend who is notorius for being careless with books, so I put a protective slip cover over the dj. Ven made the effort to be extremely careful with it and it came back looking just as shiny and new. The scuffing and tears will remain printed, and not turn into reality

Posted by: Anne (193.129.253.---)
Date: August 24, 2004 12:29PM

Unlike my copy which somehow got dipped in ratatouille by husband and is now looking rather rotten *sobs* I'm particularly upset as I don't normally buy hardbacks (take up too much space) but decided to shell out the extra cash in order to get my copy quicker.

Posted by: Simon (---.westsussex.gov.uk)
Date: August 24, 2004 12:41PM

*(Sympathetic hug)*

Posted by: Andrea (---.range81-152.btcentralplus.com)
Date: August 24, 2004 02:23PM

I got both and a proof all as a belated birthday present :-)

I'm after an american one to add to my set too but missed my offer of a signer one by Magda because I was away at the time

---
Sylvester says.... *plock*

actually he says peep, cheep, chirrup, squalk,muttermuttergrumblegrumble, oh and now he falls off his pirch whish is followed by a sheepish peek round to see if anyone was looking and a quick scramble back up

Posted by: Magda (---.med.umich.edu)
Date: August 25, 2004 10:32PM

Acutally, you didn't. Speaking of which, I need your address......

Date: August 28, 2004 08:14AM

woohoo!!!!

did you have fun?

---

actually he says peep, cheep, chirrup, squalk,muttermuttergrumblegrumble, oh and now he falls off his pirch whish is followed by a sheepish peek round to see if anyone was looking and a quick scramble back up

Posted by: Magda (---.dialip.mich.net)
Date: August 28, 2004 07:58PM

Yep! I enjoyed chatting with a few of the other fans (nobody I'm aware of from the Fforum), had number 4 for the signing line (what, me get there early?), got a nod of recognition from Jasper while he was waiting to be introduced, and stayed afterwards to chat with him and Mari while they were signing store stock.
They remarked that they didn't recall seeing you and Dell this tour, and I explained that last I'd heard you'd been hoping to go to London, but hadn't managed to get tickets.

Post Edited (08-29-04 19:58)

--------------
"I've often said that the difference between British and American SF TV series is that the British ones have three-dimensional characters and cardboard spaceships, while the Americans do it the other way around."
--Ross Smith

Date: August 28, 2004 08:12PM

aww that is soooo nice :-)

---

Posted by: Loopy_Lou (---.wilderness.com.au)
Date: September 12, 2004 11:53PM

I got the colourful cover in paperback as that's all the shop had.

One of the few advantages of waiting for another month and living down under.

Posted by: xshinex (---.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com)
Date: September 14, 2004 05:04PM

i wanted the penguin series but all i could find is the big orange one with the minotaur. it was a little odd at first (because of the size) but the story was still good!

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.