New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Something Rotten :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
For posts regarding TN-4 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Fforde you GENIUS! -- SPOILERS LIKELY
Posted by: Mr Meek (68.212.245.---)
Date: August 04, 2004 06:35PM

That was my exclamation about five minutes ago as I finished SR. I laughed for a good while after the slapstick assassination attempts dawned on me following the piano. I actually shed a tear during Gran's finale. I spent far too long this morning reading it, and I do believe that it's been a long time since a book left me this satisfied.

Extremely well played, sir.

Re: Fforde you GENIUS! -- SPOILERS LIKELY
Posted by: Anatole (---.l3.c1.dsl.pol.co.uk)
Date: August 06, 2004 04:40PM

I completely agree with you!

I laughed out loud several times on the train, causing alarm to the other passengers.

This is a fusion of Lewis Carroll, Mikhail Bulgakov, Raymond Chandler and Douglas Adams.

Brilliant. In fact, I regret reading them all in the space of one week, as I now wish I had Mycroft's memory deleting so I could delete my memories of having read all four books, whereupon I would then start over again and derive the same pleasure over and over again!!! (seriously).

Well played indeed!

There's so much talentless nonsense about these days perching on the shelves of Borders and waterstones, etc. And to come across a book so daringly brilliant, inventive and utterly hilarious, is a treat I wish everyone could share with me.

Well played indeed Sir! (:-)

Posted by: Simon (---.westsussex.gov.uk)
Date: August 06, 2004 06:36PM

A number of fforumites also enjoyed reading 'Aberystwyth mon amour' & its sequel 'Last tango in Aberystwyth', by Malcolm Pryce, and 'To Say Nothing Of The Dog' by Connie Willis... Have you tried any of those books yet?

"Customers are advised that this product may
contain meat from re-engineered species."

Posted by: lynn (---.pym7.pym.dialup.nauticom.net)
Date: August 13, 2004 02:06AM

wow! wanted to save this book but ran through it nonstop. knew there was something weird about granny--have to re=read the first three to catch the clues. Am depressed, though, because how can there be any more books? Everything is resolved. Writers don't write fast enough. Maybe Mycroft could work on solving that.

Posted by: poetscientistdrinker (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: August 13, 2004 02:11AM

erm, check out the bonus features, and I think Mr Ff says there that it won't be the last TN book. There are plenty of entry and exit points for more TN nonsense - this book just closes off one narrative arc. There's a couple of years between WOLP and SR that need filling, plus everything else TN will get up to before the Gingham kicks in, plus...

Next up, however, is Nursery Crimes...

PSD

==========

This is the work of an Italian narco-anarchic collective. Don't bother insulting them, they can't read English anyway.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.