New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Something Rotten :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
For posts regarding TN-4 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Faerie Queen password
Posted by: Judelon Ingram (---.dsl.emhril.ameritech.net)
Date: August 07, 2004 08:54PM

Since Faerie Queen is spelled several ways on this site, can someone provide the one used as the Something Rotten password? Or am I misunderstanding the point?

Re: Faerie Queen password
Posted by: Anonymous User (---.dalect01.va.comcast.net)
Date: August 07, 2004 09:22PM

uhm...it would be nice to remove this topic. It would be a shame to ruin the special features for everyone.

Posted by: Holly (68.206.191.---)
Date: August 09, 2004 01:37AM

I'd like to know too. I've tried several spellings and still haven't been able to get in. Its frustrating me too much.

Posted by: Holly (68.206.191.---)
Date: August 09, 2004 01:47AM

Well, I read on (in the forum) and got it. . .YEA!!

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.dalect01.va.comcast.net)
Date: August 09, 2004 07:08AM

just for those who haven't had a chance to wade through,

The UK version has an E on the end of the last word, the US one doesn't. So try adding an E. And you have to use all 3 words.

Posted by: Chim (---.rochester.rr.com)
Date: August 09, 2004 08:03AM

I've tried every possible permutation of the answer I can think of... Can someone please clear it up for me? An e-mail would be appreciated.

Posted by: Chim (---.rochester.rr.com)
Date: August 09, 2004 08:04AM

It figures, I post that and then figure it out instantly :)

Posted by: itzie (---.adsl.xs4all.nl)
Date: August 09, 2004 11:23PM

Hey! Read the book!!!

Posted by: Big John (195.166.41.---)
Date: August 10, 2004 01:16PM

Funnily enough, "Something Rotten" is the password to unlock the hidden bonus features in Spenser's "Th Fr Qn". (That's Spenser's Oulipo version, with no vowels. Putting the vowels back in is one of the bonus features.)

Now there's an Internet project waiting for me waste a decade or so of my life on it - the "bonus features" website for Perec's "La Disparition" that rewrites the story four ways, missing out each of the other vowels. Is there a special word for when your brain develops masochistic tendencies?

-----------------------------------------------
"Whisky-wa-wa," I breathed - she was dressed as Biffo the Bear.

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.ne.client2.attbi.com)
Date: August 16, 2004 01:49AM

It's hard to key in three words to a title when in TN4, the book is listed as 2 words. I did a google search using the book as posted in TN4 and the title came up as three words with the last word ending in e (as the note on the website indicates). It still took me 3 attempts to access the website, but it was worth the wait.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.