New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Something Rotten :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
For posts regarding TN-4 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Next Next?
Posted by: krill (---.dsl.sntc01.pacbell.net)
Date: August 18, 2004 04:50AM

I can't help but wonder, what with so much resolved in Something Rotten, if this is the last Next. The whole thing tastes bitter-sweet. Knowing your death-date appears to kill any worry of an earlier demise. Future adventures lost? You think?

Re: Next Next?
Posted by: Anonymous User (---.dalect01.va.comcast.net)
Date: August 18, 2004 05:44AM

Yep, straight from the horse's mouth tonight. There WILL be more Thursday books...and possibly even another series along the lines of Nursery Crimes (which is in the process of possibly being renamed, by the way...more on that later)

Posted by: Barefoot Andy (195.188.86.---)
Date: August 18, 2004 11:36AM

***SPOILERS***

To be honest, in a family like the Nexts, having seen yourself die having travelled back in time, isn't complete resolution. Time in the Nextian novels is as malleable as putty, and about as easy to set your watch by. Anything can still happen. And probably will.

-------
Turn the silliness to eleven!

Posted by: Jo (---.innogistic.co.uk)
Date: August 18, 2004 01:23PM

Plus there is so much more I want to know! We still have another member of the Acheron family to meet - if memory serves me correctly, weren't there four siblings - Styx, Acheron, Aornis and one other? (I might be totally hallucinating here!

I drink to drown my sorrows. Unfortunately they've learnt how to swim.

Posted by: Barefoot Andy (195.188.86.---)
Date: August 18, 2004 01:54PM

3 others: Lethes, Cocytyx (or similar), Phlegthon. And Aornis is still knocking around. The end of WOLP says she defeats 3 of them, but of course, she may take out the rest after writing that.....

MMMMmmm, kung fu gingham granny cops!

-------
Turn the silliness to eleven!

Posted by: Linky (24.69.255.---)
Date: August 26, 2004 07:21AM

WOLP says she defeats three of them? Then there HAS to be at least one more. She never defeated Styx, Acheron did that for her =/

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.