New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Something Rotten :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
For posts regarding TN-4 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Last Book??
Posted by: dazy (---.dialup.clear.net.nz)
Date: October 01, 2004 08:17AM

Does anyone one have any idea whether this is the last book in the Thursday Next series? I hope it isn't but it has left everything (nearly) resolved yet it seems to have also left room for more, anyone else feel like that? or am I suffering from book withdrawal?

Re: Last Book??
Posted by: SingingHels (62.138.169.---)
Date: October 01, 2004 08:52AM

Hi Dazy - welcome to the Fforum!! Everyone seems so distraught that this might be the last book, but, don't panic.....have a look at [www.jasperfforde.com] and that should answer your question!!

Someone should be around with tea and jaffa cakes in a minute, or I have lots of TicTacs that I really shouldn't be eating if you'd prefer....

Post Edited (10-01-04 09:53)

Posted by: Barefoot Andy (195.188.86.---)
Date: October 01, 2004 10:31AM

As the other thread/ thing probably says, there's still a fair bit of stuff left unresolved (the Hades' being the main point, why does everyone forget about Aornis apart from well, yeah the whole mnemorph thing) and the world itself is far too interesting to leave so much unexplored.

Yes welcome to the fforum. The other kettle's on (sorry about last time splat), so help yourself. There's tea, jaffa cakes, bourbons and battenburg on the trolley, and all sorts of drinks in the fridge. Just don't drink the bottle labelled "PGGB", it's a bit of a killer.

-------
Turn the silliness to eleven!

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.dialup.xtra.co.nz)
Date: October 04, 2004 07:47AM

*phew* nearly thought it was the last we'd see of TN.Thanks for the info and the jaffa cake.

Posted by: Wren (---.com)
Date: December 28, 2004 05:49AM

Good to know. This is, by some wierd chance, the only series I have ever bought all the way through (and was in England in time for the WOLP 6 months before it was released stateside), and that includes Tolkien. So it's good to know there's some worthy place still for my money...I kid, these books rock so much. Go Lit majors!!!

Posted by: robcraine (---.mcb.net)
Date: December 29, 2004 09:30PM

I am not surprised that you haven't bought every last tolkein.... there are so many of them - too many imo. I just can't see why so many people (apparently) want to read the entire history of elves and their language.... most of the lost tales should have stayed where JRR left them, not dug out by his kid.

Rob

------
That statement is either so deep it would take a lifetime to fully comprehend every particle of its meaning, or it is a load of absolute tosh. Which is it, I wonder?
Terry Pratchett, Hogfather

Posted by: A. Salieri (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: December 30, 2004 02:38AM

I understand that statement perfectly, robcraine....

Best Regards,
~Antonio Salieri~

Posted by: Loopy Lou (---.108.client.e-access.com.au)
Date: December 31, 2004 01:54AM

It may be the last bok timeline order kinda thing, but we will definately see more books from Jasper so don't stress.

=)

Yes.... Uh, no.... Actually......I don't know.... Um, hang on.... What was the question again?

Posted by: Ziggy (207.242.127.---)
Date: March 10, 2005 04:20PM

It seemed to me like the end since so much was resolved but the Minotaur is still loose. But withdrawal is possible. I nearly cried when I realized it was possible that was the end. I just wasn't ready for it to end. Whoever said they were a bookworms playground had it right!!

Posted by: dev (---.customer.adamant.net)
Date: October 13, 2005 05:46PM

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.tampabay.res.rr.com)
Date: January 06, 2006 02:43AM

Over the summer my aunt recommended The Eyre Affair...if I needed something amusing to read in between whatever else I was reading. I had never heard of Jasper Fforde before so I was like...what the heck, i'll give it a try! Well let's just say I devoured all four books shortly after that! Who can blame me, right?! I was crushed when I finished Something Rotten. I do it all the time to myself: I get carried away and read constantly, and then when I'm finished I'm sad it's over. This time I was crestfallen because Something Rotten was pretty much the best ending of a series I've ever read! He really planned everything out from the very beginning, which makes me love the books even more! I re-thought every incident involving Granny Next just to marvel at how brilliant the ending was.
Do you think there will be more books, perhaps "starring" Friday this time?

Posted by: Barefoot Andy (195.188.86.---)
Date: January 06, 2006 02:47PM

Hiyah Trillian

At the end of Something Rotten, he does say she will return in "The Great Samuel Pepys Fiasco" (an incident mentioned briefly at the start of Something Rotten) which I believe will be set between Lost Plots and Something Rotten (TNpi).

Mr Fforde be writing more (if he doesn't I intend to come to his house and glare evilly at him until he does), but it may be some more on the Nursery Crimes series before we see Thursday in a starring role again.

-------
Turn the silliness to eleven!

Posted by: panjandrum (---.server.ntli.net)
Date: January 06, 2006 05:06PM

The Great Panjandrum speaks: There will definitly be more TN books - July 2007 will see the first of these, tentatively entitled 'First Among Sequels'. There, you heard it here first. Details of next Next and next Nursery Crime books can be found at my FAQ page. And seasons greetings. Jasper

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.tampabay.res.rr.com)
Date: January 06, 2006 09:40PM

Why thank you oh omnipotent one. Your wealth of knowledge has greatly settled my anxiously questioning mind. I will hold my breath until July 2007; however, from now until then at least I have the Nursery Crime books to look forward to. Just wondering, does anybody know where Mr. Fforde will be traveling to during his United States tour in July/August 2006? Anywhere in Florida??

Posted by: splat21 (---.range86-139.btcentralplus.com)
Date: January 06, 2006 10:11PM

Cool. Love the title. Happy New Year!

_ _ _ _ _

If the English language made any sense, a catastrophe would be an apostrophe with fur.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.