New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Something Rotten :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
For posts regarding TN-4 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Whos the daddy?
Posted by: Anonymous User (---.home.cgocable.net)
Date: October 07, 2004 12:41PM

Not to cast aspersions on dear Pickwick but who is Alan's father? Last I checked it takes two to make non-cloned offspring.

Re: Whos the daddy?
Posted by: Anonymous User (195.10.15.---)
Date: October 08, 2004 11:40AM

One of Thursday's mother's dodos?

Posted by: Barefoot Andy (195.188.86.---)
Date: October 08, 2004 12:00PM

Alan.

What! You mean noone else noticed that time-travel sub plot?!

-------
Turn the silliness to eleven!

Posted by: Intrigue (---.vic.bigpond.net.au)
Date: October 08, 2004 01:42PM

I only noticed the one about Thursday finding the question for Mycroft's answer.

---
Those who forget the pasta are doomed to reheat it.

Posted by: Loopy Lou (---.108.client.e-access.com.au)
Date: October 09, 2004 03:28AM

What time travel subplot?

And Thursday finding the question for Mycroft's answer?

Huh.

Please do inform

Thankyou

=)

Yes.... Uh, no.... Actually......I don't know.... Um, hang on.... What was the question again?

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.inter.net.il)
Date: October 10, 2004 05:11PM

THursday finding teh answer to Mycroft's question is when teh CHeshire cat answers her question about beowulf (don't remember the page or the exact quotation, the book is not in front of me and i'm too lazy to go to my dorm and get it)
Thursday: Wait, this isn't the original Beowulf, is it?
Cat: Good lord, no, quite the reverse!
This originally appeared when discussing Theorital Nextian Mathematics and deriving a question from an answer. Mycroft wonders what the original question for "good lord, no, quite the reverse is" and thursday provides it for us a couple of chapters on.
But Dodo time travel subplot? What is this? I always thought alan's father was one of the feral dodos in the park from TN2. That was James' question on the way to goliath right before teh world became pink goo. THursday said it was one of them and he hung around teh house for a while, but she hadnt thought anything had happened. Dodos, apparently, can be even more secretive than teenagers. This might explain many of Alan's... charming and endearing personality traits. I do like Hamlet teh Alpha Dodo though.

Posted by: Dana (---.123-130-66.mc.videotron.ca)
Date: November 11, 2004 02:27PM

I asked Jasper Fforde about this when he came to Ottawa a few weeks ago. He mentioned the feral dodos that live in the park and suggested Pickwick might have snuck out one night.

Posted by: boffin (---.access.uk.tiscali.com)
Date: November 18, 2004 01:12AM

Egg-sacktly.

Posted by: tieff (---.246.164.139.tisdip.tiscali.de)
Date: November 19, 2004 10:49AM

A fowl yolk! Duck!

Posted by: Magda (---.med.umich.edu)
Date: December 08, 2004 09:32PM

Yes. The bit about the dodo in the park is in the US edition of LIAGB, but not in the british edition, in which the question relates instead to Thurday's father.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.