New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Something Rotten :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
For posts regarding TN-4 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Emperor Zhark
Posted by: Inkwolf (---.dialsprint.net)
Date: January 26, 2005 07:54PM

I've always had a soft spot for cheesy comic villains...and I'm so sorry we didn't get any details on Zhark's meeting with his author! I was hoping it might be in the Deleted Scenes section...

Do you think it might be a factor in the next book? Will he get into trouble over influencing the author? That's a fiction infraction of a sort, isn't it? Maybe he'll have a trial. (He might be sentenced to internet fan fiction, poor guy!)

Re: Emperor Zhark
Posted by: A. Salieri (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: January 26, 2005 10:21PM

A trial would be interesting...I can certainly see the Gryphon defending Zhark as he tries to explain why he threatened Mr. Paige...and then maybe TGC stepping in and trying to mess things up...

Best Regards,
~A.S.~

Posted by: Barefoot Andy (195.188.86.---)
Date: January 27, 2005 04:35PM

Hmmm: In WOLP, doesn't it say that the story is stuck together in the WOLP, captured on an imigino-transference device, and sent to the author, who then rights it, completely oblivious to the fact that all the work has already been done? So the author may have no control over the story, and get constant headaches about the character, since every literary nerve is telling him that he should be dead.

Or, in the actual book that should be written, Zhark dies, but in the "fake imitation" (which happens to be by the same author) he actually lives.

All this made sense in my brain. Honest.

-------
Turn the silliness to eleven!

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: June 03, 2005 01:29AM

Zhark, Emperor. The Emperor Zhark is the undisputed star of the 'Zharkian Empire' series of SF novels, written and published in the seventies. Zhark himself is a Jurisfiction agent, and when not dominating the galaxy with extreme violence and riding roughshod over the rights of millions of peaceful lifeforms on a thousand star-systems, he is partnered with Jurisfiction agent Mrs Tiggy-Winkle. Full agent from 1986, >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Zhark was partnered with Thursday Next during The Great Samuel Pepys Fiasco of 1987. He now runs the SF policing agency with Gully Foyle.

Note: The "Galactic Cleansing" policy undertaken by Emperor Zhark is a personal vision of the Emperor's, and his inclusion in this book does not constitute tacit approval by Jurisfiction or The Council of Genres for any such projects, howsoever undertaken.

Posted by: Dejah Thoris (202.161.23.---)
Date: June 18, 2005 01:39AM

Zhark! A weakling by my standards.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.