New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Something Rotten :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
For posts regarding TN-4 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
As a Dane...
Posted by: Anonymous User (---.atm2-0-1091195.0x50c6b11e.virnxx9.customer.tele.dk)
Date: February 14, 2005 11:06AM

I just finished reading Something Rotten, which I enjoyed almost as much as the three previous books... As a Dane - and from Helsingør (Elsinore), nonetheless - I just felt the need to register a hearty *Hrmf!* before gratiously accepting the apology written with tiny print near the end of the book. Although I probably shouldn't be revealing this, suffice it to say that when we have annexed Schleswig and Holstein (as well as Skåne, Halland and Blekinge) back into the kingdom, we will be taking a closer look at the abandoned Danelaw. With the momentum we are gathering through the bicentennial of Hans Christian Andersen, this is not impossible. Until then!

Re: As a Dane...
Posted by: robcraine (---.mcb.net)
Date: February 14, 2005 09:14PM

/me wonders whether he, as a manxman, should register a *hrmf* about the positioning of goliath's head office... and also wonders exactly how one goes about registering your *hrmf* and how much the licence costs.

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.atm2-0-1091195.0x50c6b11e.virnxx9.customer.tele.dk)
Date: February 14, 2005 09:46PM

You raise an interesting point - and thus follows that I have to also concern myself with whether or not a *hearty* Hrmf! is more expensive...

Posted by: Haylo (---.range81-132.btcentralplus.com)
Date: February 19, 2005 07:49PM

I would have said £45 for a hearty and £70 for an indignant *Hrmf* as long as you fill out an offence waiving form...

Date: February 21, 2005 03:12PM

Oh - that's terribly expensive for a poor student... Yet, I do feel an overwhelming compulsion to sign that form...

Posted by: A. Salieri (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: February 23, 2005 10:28PM

Mejdal---nice signature! I'll have to remember that. Don't worry, I'm pretty sure that there's been a change in the system and you can now *hrmf* without registering. (Although it might still cost something; I'm not positive on that one!)
Best Regards,
~A.S.~

Posted by: AL_JIBLAH (---.cable.ubr02.cast.blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: March 04, 2005 10:30PM

I loved the book and went on the web for a Lorem Ipsum generator
best one I found was DANISH
[lorem-ipsum.perbang.dk]

Posted by: rod (---.range81-153.btcentralplus.com)
Date: March 06, 2005 06:52PM

Nothing like a fesh Danish....

Date: March 07, 2005 11:24AM

I'm fesh? Huh... I don't *think* I'm offended... ;)

Posted by: rod (---.range81-153.btcentralplus.com)
Date: March 07, 2005 04:19PM

Sorry Mejdal. For "fesh" read "Fresh".

No offence -- AL JIBLAH wrote that the best he/she could find was Danish. How much better can you get?

Date: March 07, 2005 06:35PM

I'm not offended at all. I'm just a student (of English - who knew?!), and as such I have several dictionaries with many amazing entries. So I looked up 'fesh', and it came back as a 'Scottish variant of fetch'. One of the (surprisingly) many entries under 'fetch' was: 'A stratagem contrived in a far-fetched, ingenious or devious way.'

That being said, I did imagine that an elusive 'r' was to blame - but that's less evil, of course ;)

Posted by: rod (---.range81-154.btcentralplus.com)
Date: March 31, 2005 06:07PM

Mejdal -- apropos your original post, why stop at the Danelaw? Have you fogotten Cnut?

Date: March 31, 2005 09:34PM

Any evil rule and/or invasion will do. Just like the people at Pentagon study the ancient empires to learn to how to maintain their current one, we will too ;)

Posted by: MuseSusan (---.union.edu)
Date: April 07, 2005 06:01AM

Love the Lorem Ipsum generator! A friend of mine was working on the layout for the program of the musical we were putting on, and the software she used automatically filled the spaces with lorem ipsum. Well, I was looking at the sample she had printed out, recognized it, and became extremely excited, as I had never seen lorem ipsum being used practically before! So of course I told her how impressed I was, and she gave me a blank look and suggested I lie down, as she had no idea what I was talking about.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.