New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Something Rotten :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
For posts regarding TN-4 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goliathopolis
Posted by: Tianna Bell (---.DATANET.NYU.EDU)
Date: February 15, 2005 05:38AM

Was anyone else bothered by the fact that the Goliathopolis building is 110 stories high? Could it have been a reference to those buildings that were destroyed in New York? 110 is such a specific number that I can hardly imagine it being anything else...

Tianna

Re: Goliathopolis
Posted by: 198505 (---.cable.ubr06.wi.blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: February 15, 2005 11:33AM

I wouldn't of said so. It's more likely that Jasper picked that number out of the air.

Posted by: Barefoot Andy (195.188.86.---)
Date: February 16, 2005 10:37AM

I thought Fforde didnt pick numbers out of air, when he could use a meaningful one. Although knowing Jasper, the meaning would probably be far more obscure

-------
Turn the silliness to eleven!

Posted by: splat21 (---.range81-154.btcentralplus.com)
Date: February 19, 2005 12:08AM

I'd be extremely surprised if it was a reference to the World Trade Centre - Mr Ff doesn't come across as insensitive - and if it were it certainly wouldn't be intended as a dig, I'm sure. You may be reading too much into it.

_ _ _ _ _

If the English language made any sense, a catastrophe would be an apostrophe with fur.

Posted by: Kit Chenzink (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: March 02, 2005 12:32AM

I think if it were on purpose then the purpose was to point out the attrocity don't scrub the World Trade Centre from our minds and never refer to them.. they did that in films.. they existed! - something terrible happened to them, highlight it in whatever way is ok. However, I think coincidence.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.