New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Something Rotten :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
For posts regarding TN-4 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Spot the Hamlet Competition package arrived
Posted by: PrincessP (---.mpk-eres.charterpipeline.net)
Date: March 06, 2005 11:10PM

I wasn't sure if I should post about this or not, as I don't want to make anybody feel badly for not winning, and don't want to appear like I'm gloating. Of course, I AM gloating, just don't want to appear like it.
On the other hand, I was absolutely THRILLED when a padded envelope arrived here and couldn't think of anywhere else where I could share my good news and have folks understand why I'm so excited.
The front of the package was rather innocuous (a plain white padded envelope addressed to me, no colorful stamps, just a standard postal meter sticker). I wasn't sure what I had just received. But upon turning it over I saw the back had a small return address for Fforde and I started shrieking, really, just like a school girl.
It's nice to have a pristine copy of Something Rotten (mine is rather dog eared, I like to read in the bath and that isn't a kind environment to books). The signature is even nicer to have, especially with the dedication and the notation about the Spot the Hamlet Competition. (Is it wrong to admit my heart swelled with pride?)
But I was really tickled with the Seven Wonders of Swindon postcard set, the Conspiracy Theorist postcard (very nicely done) and the letter of congratulations. I think I may have to get these framed. They are, in Americanese, "KEWL to the extreme."
Jasper Fforde - a frightfully pleasant chap - indeed.
----------

Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night. --- Edgar Allan Poe

Re: Spot the Hamlet Competition package arrived
Posted by: mebbeido (---.range81-155.btcentralplus.com)
Date: March 14, 2005 04:48PM

Congratulations!

------------
'Pompadour,' spat my mother. 'Living in sin with his pompadour.'

Re: Spot the Hamlet Competition package arrived
Posted by: 198505 (---.195.141-74.stb.ubr01.pr.blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: March 14, 2005 07:04PM

Well done you !

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.