New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Something Rotten :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
For posts regarding TN-4 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Faerie Queen
Posted by: Anonymous User (---.fast.net.uk)
Date: June 18, 2006 01:20PM

The Faerie Queen is the book Thursday finishes reading to granny Next whihc allows her to die. But I'm sure in one of the other books when granny Next asks Thursday for suggestions about some boring books to read Thursday suggests the Faerie Queen and granny Next says she has already read it.

Am I right or is my memoery playing tricks on me? Will have to go home and hunt out this passage, only problem is I can't remember which book it's in, ah well not a hardship to re-read them all ;-)

Re: Faerie Queen
Posted by: Puck (---.sfldmidn.dynamic.covad.net)
Date: June 18, 2006 02:32PM

It could be because Thurs does read FQ when she reads Gran to sleep at the end of the book... she does tell Thurs not to be so linear...

-------------------------
Metaphors be with you!

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.northshorecity.govt.nz)
Date: November 09, 2006 12:32AM

An important point is being missed here!

Faerie Queen did not start out life boring. Did Edmund Spenser really get so bored with it himself that he gave up half way through? (Only six of twelve books now to be found.)

Some serious stuff has happened to this book. The Queen herself has disappeared entirely, and Arthur is still wandering around lost with no real idea what he's doing here. He just trots around knocking strangers off their horses in the hope of picking up the thread of his plot.

More importantly, Britomart disappeared and I am now following up a sighting of her in a railway station in the middle of Auckland. Try a search on her name.

Posted by: SkidMarks (---.manc.cable.ntl.com)
Date: November 09, 2006 08:30AM

What about the other 12 books? (12 private and 12 public virtues)

Perhaps Auckland could name all stations on a circle line after the knights to give a Faerie.... no I can't type it.)

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

My computer beat me at chess, but I won at kickboxing

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.northshorecity.govt.nz)
Date: November 10, 2006 01:12AM

Did Spenser actually write the lot and what you can get hold of now is all that's left after erasure?

Or was he eradicated after Book 6 by a conspiracy of english undergraduates?

If a line is something that joins two points, what is a circle line?

Anyway, Auckland is struggling to join any two points with a line. Does anyone have a spare (narrow guage) train set to replace the Australian cast-offs rattling along now?

Britomart was traced here aboard a Royal Navy sloop in 1840. The fact the the catain was a son of the Bishop of Norwich may have something to do with how she was travelling with him.

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.bluefireconsulting.co.uk)
Date: March 29, 2007 04:56PM

Ah. but she didn't know she had already read it by then, espically as she didn't even know who Granny Next was. Linear or not its all very confusing, but in a good way!

Anyway, I reckon Queenie jumped ship herself and thus taking with her the plot and teh remaining books and is now living the life of a beach bum. And have you heard that Aurhter is bing targeted by a rogue mob of RSPCA lit.tech goons who want him done for abuse of horses.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.