"The Woman Who Died A Lot" UK Editions
To upgrade please follow instructions below:
As is customary with early book releases, there are a few bugs that made it through the rigorous testing procedures for which Fforde books have not become legendary. The following instructions allow you to update your edition to an all new TN6/V1.1.
I am indebted to the disturbingly high levels of pedantry exhibited by my Upgrade Monitors this year, in particular: Mathias Schonhoff, Thomas Ehmer, Martin Stockdale and Richard Humm and Michael Collar. My grateful thanks to all of you.
1: Editions covered by this upgrade: All Hodder hardback and Readers club softback editions. ON NO ACCOUNT attempt to upgrade any proof copies or USA editions; a 'deep text crash' may result which will render your book unreadable and may well wipe out all the planet's fiction.
2: Earth the book by touching it lightly against a dictionary.
3: If you are running your library on the outdated SCROLL V7.3 or PAPYRUS 2.8, please upgrade immediately to BOOK 8.3 which is available by downloading HERE .
4: If you are running the Beta Version of BOOK V9 or "UltraWord™" as it is known and have Anti-GrammasitePro™ or ReadZip™ activated, please disable before upgrade. Third party hardware ancillaries such as bookmarks, pressed flowers, old bus tickets, prophylactics, etc, must also be removed.
5: Using a fine black pen make the following corrections:
1. p8 4; 'You shouldn't have more then three', replace 'then' with'than'.
1b. p22 l2; For 'inference', read 'implication' or 'structure'.
2. p41 l6; Move the 'd to the second 'he' in the line.
3. p63 l14; For 'dissemble', read 'disassemble'. Machines cannot dissemble; eg the camera never lies.
5. p106 l16; Is 'fora' for 'forums'
6. p107 l24; Insert 'of' after 'number'.
7. p126 l10; For 'Savenake', read 'Savernake'. (See upgrades First Among Sequels)
8. p151 l29; For 'clained' read 'claimed'.
9. p153 l6; 'squeeze the grip safety and trigger'? l18; For 'was', read 'were'.
10. p155; ll16/17-p158; 'two pages'='one leaf' is OK, but 'across the spine, so from two parts of the book.' ? This would indicate that he'd torn out a gathering or signature, which, even if the book is a folio, would constitute a folded sheet, so two leaves or four pages.
11. p173 l22; Second 'much' be a 'more'?
12. p247 l24; For 'They're cheap', read 'They're dirt cheap'.
13. p296 bottom2ll; See p69 above.
14. p363 l17; For 'out', read 'through'?
15. p380; 'Tears welled up in my eyes', As Thursday has no tear ducts read 'Tears would have welled up in my eyes if I had tear ducts'.
16. p384 l11; For 'atoms', read 'molecules'.
(Upgrade Assistant - Richard Humm)
6: Congratulations! You are now the proud owner of The Woman Who Died A Lot V1.1. To fully authenticate your copy download the upgrade sticker file by clicking HERE. Print out the download and affix it to the title page of your copy. Thank you for using the jasperfforde.com upgrade service.
Back to Upgrade Grand Central