New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

ThursdayNext :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
A discussion of all things Thursday !  
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Newsgroup?
Posted by: Lesley Weston (---.vancouverbc.net)
Date: November 13, 2002 08:11PM

<HTML>Is there an alt.fan.fforde group? (or alt.books.fforde or alt.books.thursdaynext or whatever). If not, why not? I have no idea how to start a newsgroup, but the ones that exist to discuss Terry Pratchett's and Tom Holt's books are a lot of fun, and I think a group contibuted to by Jasper fforde's readers would be just as silly and clever.</HTML>

Re: Newsgroup?
Posted by: Jon (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: November 13, 2002 08:29PM

<HTML>whaffor? what's the difference between the Fforum and a newsgroup? We can be silly and clever right here (OK, we're still working on clever). Join us, we're very friendly. Why, there's even a helpful set of notes explaining British references to puzzled colonials. (And yes, I will be doing LIAGB very soon). Do you have Hobnobs in Canada?

Just one small point, Lesley. We don't take kindly to bad language, so please keep all reference to T*m H*lt to a minimum, please.

> Ben, Dave, Bea; another one! At this rate we'll soon have enough victims for Walpurgis Night!</HTML>

Posted by: ScarletBea (---.be.jnj.com)
Date: November 14, 2002 08:12AM

<HTML>Welcome Leslie!!!!

Don't mind jon, we're not looking for victims... hmmm... how do we call the people we make read all our crazy stuff? oh right... ignore what I said :D</HTML>

Posted by: Lesley Weston (---.vancouverbc.net)
Date: November 16, 2002 03:48PM

<HTML>Thank you for your kind (I think) welcomes. Yes, the fforum will do fine, I just have to remember to read it on IE instead of OE.

Lesley Weston.</HTML>

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.