New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

ThursdayNext :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
A discussion of all things Thursday !  
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Paper and Board
Posted by: victoria best (---.ulcc.wwwcache.ja.net)
Date: June 13, 2002 03:49PM

<HTML>Dear anyone (and Jasper of course),
Obviously, one of the most important aspects of a novel is its appearance...as Forster didn't say.
With this crucial point in mind, is there anyone else disturbed enough to be concerned about the aesthetic of the book shelf (and thus insistent on the strict uniformity of literary ensembles), and lamenting the fact that the forthcoming Lost in a Good Book paperback format DOES NOT tally with the first run of The Eyre Affair? Though of course the hardback will - which is all very well if one has the hardback of The Affair.Such inconsistency is lamentable. Much as I respect the demands/opportunities for further creativity of extra print runs, it would be nice to have a choice of covers so as to accomodate readerly demands! Any chance of a 'revert' for subsequent runs?! Of course, an entirely frivolous and 'epicurean' request. If Thursday got stuck in her own book (??!), she would surely not judge it by its cover, but as a woman of discernment, she might well be peturbed....
Victoria.
PS. Any votes and/or accompanying arguments gratefully received!</HTML>

Re: Paper and Board
Posted by: kat (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: June 16, 2002 07:50PM

<HTML>One must always remember to not judge a book by its cover. How ever you do have to get pasted the cover to get into it. For this reason skill and design has to be carefully picked, its sad that so many excellant books fail because of it. The covers for Jasper how ever hit the mark well and may they continue in style!</HTML>

Posted by: Incognito (---.wellington-college.berks.sch.uk)
Date: September 20, 2002 04:58PM

<HTML>I am still very confused why scooters appear on both covers. Is there something I'm not getting? Is it perhaps something to do with the extinct species riding them?</HTML>

Posted by: poetscientistdrinker (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: September 20, 2002 08:01PM

<HTML>Hey, you have a graphic of a dodo on a miniscooter lying about the offuce - wouldn't you use the first opportunity that came up to use it?

Who needs a reason? (Quote from the last time I ended a relationship)</HTML>

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.