New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

ThursdayNext :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
A discussion of all things Thursday !  
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Bravo!
Posted by: Jennifer (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: July 14, 2002 10:53PM

<HTML>
Heard about TEA reviewed on a local radio station, KPFA (Berkeley) and immediately put myself on the waiting list for the books at several libraries. Got it yesterday and finished it ten minutes ago. It was BRILLIANT! I plan to buy several copies--one for myself and the others for friends. Will try to get the next Next book by hook or crook immediately.

Best regards to the dodos!

Jennifer
San Jose, CA</HTML>

Re: Bravo!
Posted by: nessbut (---.victoria.stores.easyeverything.com)
Date: July 15, 2002 08:41PM

<HTML>
I second that bravo!

Sadly, my attempts to be a missionary to my friends about Eyre Affair ran into trouble, owing to the whirling eyeballs, insane cackling, and statements like: "I will beat you to death with a Trollope if you don't love this book"

Maybe I came on too strong?</HTML>

Posted by: Samedi (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: July 18, 2002 09:08PM

<HTML>It was the best book I had read for the last two years. It made me disappear into another dimension.. much better than drugs. I adore Jane Eyre and have always puzzled but had happily accepted the fact that Mr Rochester heard Jane's voice through the air to his secluded house. It was a master stroke of genius that Thursday gets to whisper his name under the window. Thank you so much. It was fantastic :-)</HTML>

Posted by: s (---.gen.twtelecom.net)
Date: August 13, 2002 08:42PM

<HTML>Yes - TEA has now become a benchmark. Any of my friends that I think may actually 'get it' are brought to a new level, and invited over for coffee and croissants.</HTML>

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.