New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

ThursdayNext :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
A discussion of all things Thursday !  
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
New fan site & discussion group at Yahoo
Posted by: all_american_cutie (---.dalect01.va.comcast.net)
Date: August 05, 2002 07:32PM

<HTML>Hello all! I just wanted to let you all know that I just opened a fan site and discussion group at Yahoo.com. I'm hoping you'll all visit and help me build it.

[groups.yahoo.com]

And to Jasper, thanks for writing such imaginative trips into your "Nextian Universe." I simply can not wait for the third in the TN series to arrive. Being an impatient American, I just couldn't wait for the US version of "Lost in a Good Book" to be published, so I contacted your buddy, Ralph Spurrier (a right wonderful chap!) at Post Mortem books and managed to get my very first signed, first edition, first printing book ever. Thanks for encouraging me to become a collector! (Oh, and I love your post cards...they're absolutely wonderful!)

~Twila (aka All American Cutie)</HTML>

Re: New fan site &amp; discussion group at Yahoo
Posted by: Shadow (---.214.69.76.Dial1.Boston1.Level3.net)
Date: August 08, 2002 02:15AM

<HTML>Congrats on the forming of the mailing list, Twila, but... er... didn't you just join the ThursdayNext yahoogroup? Granted, we aren't a very TALKY group, but we're still good people. Why start one of your own? Why not plug ThursdayNext so we can GET more talky people in it?

Or is this one of those weird internet things that I've never really understood? Like why people would voluntarily choose to make their spelling even more complicated by adding numbers and ascii characters to their sentences $0 &#8224;|-|3!® $&#8224;|_|&#402;&#402; !$ !mp0$$!ߣ &#8224;0 ®ë@Ð. The horror... the horror...

Anyway, was just curious. It seems to happen a lot in ANY fandom. Someone creates a group, and someone else creates a group which is almost identical to the first. People usually join BOTH lists, which is another oddity. Especially since they crosspost stuff so that you- if you ARE on both lists- end up reading many of the same messages twice. You end up reading many of the same messages twice. Oops.

Maybe I'm just old and lazy. One group dedicated to something I like is enough for me. Unless there're sub-factions. Character-specific, spoilers, ficlists, etc. Ah well. Guess I'll just grab my walker and wheeze back home to my million and one cats... ;)

Shadow
(who needs to get her OWN signed copy of LIAGB before her eyes get all cataract-y and her rheumatism kicks in)</HTML>

Date: August 08, 2002 07:06AM

<HTML>well, <ahem...> actually, I didn't SEE the other site until after I had created mine. I did a search but it didn't show anything else until I did a second search for my own. And when Yahoo told me I couldn't use the name "ThursdayNext" because it was already being used, I just figured someone had used that as their screen name, not for a group name. I did try though! So I went ahead and joined that one too! But hey, you never know what shows up on the internet these days. There's room for everyone!

Cheers.</HTML>

Posted by: Christian (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: August 08, 2002 09:57PM

<HTML>Ok, now I'm confused - are there two yahoo groups, or are you referring to this site and the yahoo site, or a third, stranger alternative???

Christian

'They say truth is stranger than fiction. Thank God.' - After finishing "bestsellers" Atonement and On Green Dolphin Street.</HTML>

Date: August 09, 2002 09:16PM

<HTML>LoL..sorry it's confusing.

There are 2 yahoo groups: Thursday_Next (mine) and ThursdayNext (the other one that was there first). I was trying to explain that the initial group search I did on Yahoo did not show the original one so I created a new one.

Hope that explains it!

~Twila</HTML>

Posted by: Quillethe Liadon (---.46.26.24.cfl.rr.com)
Date: August 19, 2002 10:45PM

<HTML>So the original site was
[groups.yahoo.com] ?
*looks about all confused* the internet is too complex these days, but I'll get it eventually.. sorry to ask again
*helps old crotchety Shadow walk down some particularly rickety steps* ;)

~Quille..having just finished reading LIAGB signed first ed. (purchased on Ebay as getting them in American bookstores is just not working)</HTML>

Date: August 20, 2002 12:16AM

<HTML>Yes, the original group is at [groups.yahoo.com]

again, I'm sorry for any confusion.

MY group is at: [groups.yahoo.com]

Cheers.</HTML>

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.