New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

ThursdayNext :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
A discussion of all things Thursday !  
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
buying even MORE books!
Posted by: All-American-Cutie (---.dalect01.va.comcast.net)
Date: December 18, 2002 08:07PM

<HTML>Someone please take away my credit cards! I just placed an order on Amazon Canada! I bought paperbacks of TEA and LIAGB!

I tried to order both books in paperback for Christmas presents from Amazon UK but for one thing, with postage it was WAY more than I wanted to spend and secondly, because they wouldn't even arrive before the holidays anyway!

So I wrapped up my own gently used UK paperbacks for one of my sisters. And I just had to replace them so I don't damage my wonderful 1st Edition US copy of TEA and my *signed* 1st Edition UK copy of LIAGB.

By the way, all the Amazon sites are listing WOLP already for pre-order!! Hehehe, Jasper better hurry up and finish soon! LOL</HTML>

Re: buying even MORE books!
Posted by: Jon (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: December 18, 2002 09:40PM

<HTML>yerss, we don't one of those situations like what that woman has got herself into ... you know the one .... writes about that boy wizard in the specs .... ooh, what's her name, now ... tip of me tongue ....</HTML>

Posted by: Carla (---.cableinet.co.uk)
Date: December 18, 2002 11:27PM

<HTML>that woman aparently has the book ready... it should be out in march... we hope... then again bloomsbury this christmas had schotts miscellany, doesn't need HP...</HTML>

Posted by: dave (---.addleshaw-booth.co.uk)
Date: December 19, 2002 09:06AM

<HTML>saw Schott's the other day. Fantastic. I've been dropping hints to everyone I know this christmas...</HTML>

Posted by: ScarletBea (194.196.168.---)
Date: December 19, 2002 09:38AM

<HTML>Schotts?</HTML>

Posted by: Jon (---.abel.net.uk)
Date: December 19, 2002 09:49AM

<HTML>Hmmmm .. having looked up Schott's Original Miscellany on amazon, I'm not sure I should be allowed to have it. I already know enough useless trivia to keep people very bored as it is. Having said that, I think I know where one of my book tokens is going ...</HTML>

Posted by: dave (---.addleshaw-booth.co.uk)
Date: December 19, 2002 09:51AM

<HTML>I suspect that Rob wrote most of it. I WANT IT.

Anyone feeling generous?</HTML>

Posted by: Carla (198.179.227.---)
Date: December 19, 2002 10:19AM

<HTML>considering the sales everybody will have more than one...

we are predicting to have plenty returned after Christmas...</HTML>

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.