New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

ThursdayNext :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
A discussion of all things Thursday !  
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
weddings
Posted by: dave (---.addleshaw-booth.co.uk)
Date: January 10, 2003 04:39PM

<HTML>for those who may be interested, I've finally put some wedding pics up on my site..

<a href="http://uk.geocities.com/dakegra/wedding/html">click here</a></HTML>

Re: weddings
Date: January 10, 2003 04:40PM

<HTML>or <a href="http://uk.geocities.com/dakegra/wedding.html">here</a>

if you actually want to see them....</HTML>

Posted by: Magda (---.dialip.mich.net)
Date: January 10, 2003 04:42PM

<HTML>That link doesn't work, but <a href="http://uk.geocities.com/dakegra/wedding.html">this one</a> should.

(it's wedding.html rather than wedding/html)</HTML>

Date: January 10, 2003 04:43PM

<HTML>I know, I just can't type. Not useful for someone who works in IT...</HTML>

Posted by: Magda (---.dialip.mich.net)
Date: January 10, 2003 04:54PM

<HTML>Looks like we were both fixing it at the same time, so both the bottom two links work.

Y'know, sometimes I wish you could see who else was responding to the same thread you're typing a response to.

You could always practice typing by going to www.popcap.com and playing "Word Shark", which they describe as "typing tutor with teeth".

I like the Bookworm game myself, except it doesn't recognize words of 9 or more letters (I have a friend who hates me for having figured that out), and obviously uses an American dictionary (and despite being from the States, I occassionally tried to use words or spellings that aren't in common use here, but are in other English speaking countries - what can I say, I read a lot).

Oh, BTW, the pics are lovely!</HTML>

Date: January 10, 2003 05:10PM

<HTML>ta. It appears that myself and Rob do scrub up rather well. And kate looks fab, as ever..</HTML>

Posted by: All-American-Cutie (---.dalect01.va.comcast.net)
Date: January 10, 2003 05:17PM

<HTML>Dave, the pics look great! What a fantastic church! We don't have lovely old churches like that here. We do have some old churches, but they're mostly old wood siding with wood beams inside. Nothing semi-fancy like that. Makes me jealous! And then there's the countryside...<sigh>

It's beautiful here, too, just very different. Although, I think Northern Virginia's rolling foothills are about as close as you can get to some of that English countryside. (Virginia's motto is "Virginia is for Lovers" LOL) It's just a LOT warmer here!

But anyway, it looks like a lovely time was had by all. Congrats again. (Oh and Eddie looked delicious as usual! He's so cute!)</HTML>

Date: January 10, 2003 05:29PM

<HTML>It's a lovely old church - Kate's parents hosted the reception too - their house dates back to the 1540 too. It was a great day, really nice to see so many people just chilling and enjoying themselves!</HTML>

Posted by: Sarah (---.vip.uk.com)
Date: January 10, 2003 05:45PM

<HTML>Great pictures :-).</HTML>

Posted by: Rob (---.leeds.ac.uk)
Date: January 13, 2003 12:51PM

<HTML>Can I just say that I'm not as scared of Eddie as it would appear from the photo.

It is scary that he's better than me on the piano already. He has an interesting
climbing on the piano stool / keys technique for reaching the high notes.
Under-employed by professional pianists I feel...</HTML>

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.