New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

ThursdayNext :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
A discussion of all things Thursday !  
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: selling sisters
Posted by: Carla (198.179.227.---)
Date: January 20, 2003 10:51AM

<HTML>I don't have £100...
But they would come in handy as well.

i hear she comes with free air miles!</HTML>

Posted by: Sarah (---.vip.uk.com)
Date: January 20, 2003 12:48PM

<HTML>I have two sisters. Definitely not for sale. But I think Heidi the cat has a brother she wouldn't mind selling, if only to stop him plaguing her...

Only joking. I wouldn't part with Klinsmann even if he is a little thug.</HTML>

Posted by: poetscientistdrinker (---.rdg.ac.uk)
Date: January 20, 2003 01:53PM

<HTML>"How much for the children? The children - how much?" - Jake Blues.

Note to Jon (and make it amusing): "Josiah: It's two and a half miles to Withering Edge, we've got a full tank of steam, it's drizzling and we're running out of time. Lily: Hit it! Josiah: What? Carter: Hit it with the hammer! Josiah: Ah, right you are Son, I was busy listening to the tea girl. (FX: huge burst of steam, explosions, retreating engine noise...)"</HTML>

Date: January 20, 2003 01:55PM

<HTML>Apologies for confusing everybody else...</HTML>

Date: January 20, 2003 02:00PM

<HTML>Actually, it's a bit like travelling on Thames Trains:

Me: Say, what type of trains do you run anyway, ma'am?
TT Spokesperson: Oh, we've got both kinds - delayed <i>and</i> cancelled...</HTML>

Posted by: Ooktavia (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: January 20, 2003 09:12PM

<HTML>I wouldn't sell my sister- as she has been known to observe "I'm not @#$%&, I'm free" As we all should be. Oh yes.
(and she's my older sister, and so she'd probably sell me easier. She tried to give me away once.)</HTML>

Re: Preordering
Posted by: All-American-Cutie (---.dalect01.va.comcast.net)
Date: January 22, 2003 06:28PM

<HTML>Well, I did it...I've gone and pre-ordered WOLP! Can't believe I've done it this far out, but...well, ya know! (I really want a signed 1st edition so I can complete my trilogy) I didn't get a post card or anything in the UK TEA that my hubby got me for xmas, so I hope there'll be one in this WOLP. We shall see! Now I need to order the US paperback version of TEA and the US hardcover of LIAGB. Good golly, I'm SUCH a geek!</HTML>

Posted by: Jon (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: January 22, 2003 07:29PM

<HTML>Geek nothing. Repeat after me; I am a person of exquisite literary taste, dedicated to raising the cultural standard of all around me. And I like Jasper Fforde as well.

( ... sorry Mr. Fforde, it was a joke, really, put the cricket bat down now please Mr. Fforde ... aaargh ...)</HTML>

Posted by: All-American-Cutie (---.dalect01.va.comcast.net)
Date: January 22, 2003 07:36PM

<HTML>not a geek cuz I like Ffordian literature...a geek because I want to collect every edition of it...don't have any Aussie editions yet, though!</HTML>

Posted by: Magda (---.dialip.mich.net)
Date: February 05, 2003 05:58AM

<HTML>A friend of mine (Kieran) was once joking about selling his girlfriend (in her presence). Another friend (Chuck) said he'd take her if Kieran gave him a dime to take her off his hands. Alison (the girfriend in question) was not overly flattered, but the dime was passed from Kieran to Chuck. At this point Alison demaded a cut, and suggested 50% as appropriate. So Chuck turned to her and said "Okay, give me a nickel". She was a tad perplexed. (Did I mention she was blonde?).

(For anyone not familiar with American money, dime = ten cents, nickel = 5 cents)

BTW, I'll probably preorder the trade paperback of WOLP from amazon.uk, so it'll match the other two.</HTML>

Posted by: poetscientistdrinker (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: February 05, 2003 11:58PM

<HTML>I want a signed copy, and I don't care if it isn't the same size as the others. In fact I'll be sat in the bookshop on the first day of release to trawl through them in hope of a signature, buy a copy without anyway and then obsessively track Mr Ff until he agrees to sign it.

Am I obsessive?</HTML>

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.