New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

ThursdayNext :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
A discussion of all things Thursday !  
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: nothing grim here, honest
Posted by: dave (---.addleshaw-booth.co.uk)
Date: January 28, 2003 01:33PM

<HTML>I can testify to the not processing negatives first. If I say to eddie 'Don't stick your finger in that plug socket', he immediately looks for the aforementioned socket with one finger in the air, ready.

Similarly with 'Don't hit your dada', which usually results in a (small, but hard) hand in my mush.

Ahh, bless 'im.</HTML>

Posted by: Rob (---.leeds.ac.uk)
Date: January 28, 2003 01:47PM

<HTML>I won't say what "Don't run across the table and launch yourself at
Uncle Rob's head" resulted in...

It's fortunate I had a few brain cells spare...</HTML>

Date: January 28, 2003 02:19PM

<HTML>unfortunately 'few' is the key here. You're stuffed if (when) he tries it again.. ;-)</HTML>

Date: January 28, 2003 02:19PM

<HTML>unfortunately 'few' is the key here. You're stuffed if (when) he tries it again.. ;-)</HTML>

Posted by: Rob (---.leeds.ac.uk)
Date: January 28, 2003 03:33PM

<HTML>Still enough that I don't keep repeating myself ! ;-)</HTML>

Posted by: poetscientistdrinker (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: January 28, 2003 07:16PM

<HTML>Fuzz weaas right after all - he just didn't specify which five threads....</HTML>

Posted by: Simon Reeve (---.lancing.org.uk)
Date: February 04, 2003 12:59PM

<HTML>You got lost on the tube and ended up in Oxford?!? The tube doesn't go anywhere near Oxford on the Earth where I live, which Earth are you living on... ?</HTML>

Posted by: Simon Reeve (---.lancing.org.uk)
Date: February 04, 2003 01:03PM

<HTML>That's nasty. Have you ever heard of a species of parasitic fish called the Candiru, which lives somewhere in South America? Its normal prey is larger fish, but it will also attack mammals including humans... If a person urinates whilst standing or swimming in water where this fish lives there's a risk of it following the urine back through the water to the person and crawling into their urethra, where it then erects backward-pointing spines so that it can't be pulled or flushed out while feeding!</HTML>

Posted by: poetscientistdrinker (---.rdg.ac.uk)
Date: February 04, 2003 01:20PM

<HTML>It's simple, Simon (okay, I bet you've heard that joke before, but I haven't had a chance to type it so you can suffer). The tube thing works like this....

The last train back to my town leaves Paddington at some ridiculously early time, but not so early that I couldn't have one drink too many. Having left the wrong way out of the tube station, I couldn't find Paddington Station. (Yes, I know. Huge shed, full of trains, signposted for miles around, big tracks with trains on leading to it...) This meant I had to catch a later train and get off at Oxford. With no train back up to Evesham until the next morning.</HTML>

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.