New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

ThursdayNext :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
A discussion of all things Thursday !  
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
If.......
Posted by: Ooktavia (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: January 30, 2003 07:41PM

<HTML>If you jump into an autobiography, are the characters you meet exactly the same as the author and friends?
What happens if you push an author of an autobiography inot that book? (Apart from maybe a boojum.)
I mean, if it's a biography, no trouble there, as you'll meet the people the author thinks the subeject and his/her family were, but what if it's an autobiography?</HTML>

Re: If.......
Posted by: Shadow (---.214.84.139.Dial1.Boston1.Level3.net)
Date: January 30, 2003 09:17PM

<HTML>Well, people rarely see themselves as they truly are, so chances are good that the autobiographical character would be slightly different from the author. Dunno what would happen if you pushed an author into his autobiography, except possibly a fistfight. ;) "I'm real!" "No, I am!!" "No, me!" "Me!" "Me!" Heavens forbid there should be any undedicated dialogue in such an instance...</HTML>

Posted by: poetscientistdrinker (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: January 30, 2003 09:49PM

<HTML>I'm sure this came up before, but I can't remember what everybody else said. Which is probably proof that autobiographies rarely reflect the real world.

Also, this means there is a potential loophole for Thursday to get Landen back - especially as I seem to remember him planning to write an autobiog - which would therefore be in the WOLP through non-publishing due to his unfortunate 'accident'...

However, elsewhere Thursday says to her memory of Landen that she wants all of him - frustrating bits and all - suggesting that a fictional Landen would be a poor substitute. The question is, would she be able to resist a half version?</HTML>

Posted by: All-American-Cutie (---.dalect01.va.comcast.net)
Date: January 31, 2003 12:04AM

<HTML>Ooooh, and the lost plot thickens!</HTML>

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.