New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

ThursdayNext :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
A discussion of all things Thursday !  
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Poor Thursday
Posted by: Anonymous User (---.hsd1.tx.comcast.net)
Date: July 21, 2005 06:28PM

:( This board's been devoid of life since 2003 (before I post this.) I think she deserves someone posting here just for the heck of it.

Re: Poor Thursday
Posted by: SLIGHTCAP (---.dalect01.va.comcast.net)
Date: July 21, 2005 09:56PM

We all thought this board was defunct as of about two years ago.That's why no one posted.

Post Edited (07-21-05 22:57)

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.welsh-ofce.gov.uk)
Date: July 22, 2005 04:31PM

If it was defunct it wouldn't show, would it?

I liked the thread about Felix, it was only right at the end that I realised I was about 2 years too late to contribute my own theory :-o

Posted by: Ptolemy (---.range217-43.btcentralplus.com)
Date: July 22, 2005 07:16PM

It's probably been reopened in an attempt to get people talking about Jasper Fforde's books again instead of everyone rather rudely talking about some children's author who happens to have a new "HP" book out at around the same time as Jasper's latest.

Date: July 22, 2005 11:18PM

No, it was messed up until I emailed in to Mari, who asked the techies to fix it. :) Thank goodness for webmasters who really read what we send in!

I see that you're so afraid of commiting the same crime and becoming a hypocrite, you've employed initials. Very smart of you. "HP" it is, than.

I like this board, because there are none of those annoying things where you can reply to the second post as well as the first.

Posted by: Carla (---.homechoice.co.uk)
Date: July 23, 2005 01:26PM

This was defunct because in the old system it crashed completely. There is a reson for most things...

Besides with all the other forums, we don't really need yet another one

Posted by: SLIGHTCAP (---.dalect01.va.comcast.net)
Date: July 23, 2005 03:49PM

So, hopefully, if we leave it alone, it won't crash again.

Post Edited (07-24-05 14:21)

Posted by: Ptolemy (---.range217-43.btcentralplus.com)
Date: July 24, 2005 12:47PM

Quite right, Sarah. And Carla, in Leah's defence I should perhaps mention that she obviously doesn't read the other forums - otherwise she would have immediately recognised the intentional irony in my referencing Harry Potter as "HP", as commented a week or two ago over on 'Nextian Chat'.

Date: July 25, 2005 10:28AM

Oh dear, we've stopped talking about Thursday already..........

Posted by: splat21 (---.range217-43.btcentralplus.com)
Date: July 25, 2005 10:52PM

It might be worth someone checking with Mari to see whether it is ok to use this fphfforum again - as Carla said above, the reason we stopped using it was because we broke it - the whole thing crashed, and so she started the new, considerably more robust fffffffffforum. It would be a real pity if it happened again.

_ _ _ _ _

If the English language made any sense, a catastrophe would be an apostrophe with fur.

Date: July 27, 2005 11:33PM

I'm just clueless, don't mind me. In my own defence, I only discovered "The Eyre Affair" this summer and haven't been around the boards long enough to be privy to any inside jokes. My fforum career so far has consisted of nothing other than me making an idiot of myself, so I'm not surprised that it has happened again.

I'm pretty new, and I wasn't around when the system crashed. I tried to post a message on this board a few weeks ago, and got an error message. Mari was nice enough to have it fixed, and didn't mention the possibility that we could all mess it up. Here's what she said:

"Thanks for pointing that out. The forum technical bods have been in
and jiggled around with things and assure me that it is now working.
Poor Thursday must have been feeling a little neglected with no chat
on her Forum!"

So...does this mean that I'm not stupid? Or further incriminate me? Should I just stop talking?

Date: July 28, 2005 01:46PM

Oh no, you should definitely not stop talking :-)

Welcome to the fold *shake hands* and please wander about all the other fora to your heart's content, if you wish.

Posted by: robcraine (---.mcb.net)
Date: July 29, 2005 10:54PM

I had vaguely wondered why nothing ever went on down here... but not enough to look into it in any way.

It had crossed my mind that maybe the forum had encountered some sort of time anomaly... it seems to be sorted now though.

By the way Leah, you can turn those annoying things off... somehow.

<attempts to drag this post on topic>

<fails>

So.... cake anyone?

R

Date: July 30, 2005 01:30AM

*shakes hand* Thank you, very much. I enjoy talking (for reasons only known to myself) and I'm glad to discover that I can continue doing so. :)

Well...I think I'm guilty of the crime of "off-topicness" (which isn't a word, but is the best thing I could think of) also. So join the club. We could have badges and pass out little fliers.

Ohh...you can turn those off? I wonder how I turned that on. Ah well. I'll figure it out...somehow.

Is it chocolate cake, or carrot cake?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.