New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Jasper on the radio
Posted by: Swindonian (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: May 12, 2003 04:16PM

I've just listened to a 9 minute radio broadcast that Jasper made last week on BBC Radio Swindon. (Yes, Swindon really does have its own radio station). The recording of the broadcast is at www.bbc.co.uk/wiltshire/going_out/arts/jasperfforde.shtml

Naomi

Naomi

Re: Jasper on the radio
Posted by: dave (---.addleshaw-booth.co.uk)
Date: May 12, 2003 04:17PM

is it in realaudio? I can't listen to those at work, boo.

Posted by: Swindonian (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: May 12, 2003 04:23PM

Yes, it's RealOne Player.

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.dalect01.va.comcast.net)
Date: May 12, 2003 04:28PM

did you notice they got the book titles incorrect though?? "Well of Lost Souls" indeed! LOL

Other than the stammering here and there (on both parts LOL) it's a great interview.

Thanks very much for sending that link along. I think I may try to link it in the newsletter, too. And of course, I'll give you credit!

Post Edited (05-12-03 17:36)

Posted by: Lycanthra Pod (---.dsl.pipex.com)
Date: May 12, 2003 08:17PM

Hello Naomi - I accidently found it on the ol' Wiltshrire website when looking for something on the lunar eclipse I came galloping over here to announce it to the world but you beat me too it, well done!

Posted by: poetscientistdrinker (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: May 12, 2003 08:18PM

At 17kbps Dan Chrisholm sounds worryingly like Alan Partridge... Did anybody else get the impression that he couldn't believe anyone would ever actually put Swindon in a book?

PSD

==========

This is the work of an Italian narco-anarchic collective. Don't bother insulting them, they can't read English anyway.

Posted by: dave (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: May 12, 2003 10:10PM

blimey, who wrote the copy on that page? well of lost souls indeed. And I've never heard of the James Bond film 'Goldeneye and The Mark of Zorro'

Though it does sound like fun... :-)

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.satx.rr.com)
Date: May 13, 2003 12:09PM

Thanks for the link. I really enjoyed the interview!

Auntie

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.