New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Warning: not for those on diets!
Posted by: Sarah (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: June 03, 2003 02:02PM

OK, if you have clicked on this thread I can safely assume that you are either not on the dreaded D-word or else the victim of your own curiosity. You will not be surprised, knowing me, to discover that this is a special treat for the serious chocoholic. So this is what you do:

1. Go to the site of my friend Patrick, [evergreen.27names.org].

2. Click on "Cuisine". (If you're like me and you work in several small browsers concurrently, you may need to drag down the lower edge of the browser window to find it, because this site doesn't automatically size itself to the browser.)

3. Scroll down until you reach "Deadly Chocolate Pudding".

4. Print it off.

5. Provide yourself with the necessary ingredients.

6. Make, eat and enjoy.

WARNING! This pudding is so good that it cannot be properly described without the aid of a first-class thesaurus.

Any comments will be duly passed back to Patrick. Have fun!

..........................................................................................

That which does not kill us makes us stranger.
(Llewelyn the dragon, Ozy and Millie)

Sarah

Re: Warning: not for those on diets!
Posted by: Dell (---.range81-152.btcentralplus.com)
Date: June 03, 2003 02:08PM

I may be being more dense than normal, but I can't find it..

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.dalect01.va.comcast.net)
Date: June 03, 2003 05:20PM

oh, that does sound lovely INDEED!

Date: June 03, 2003 05:30PM

This still isn't working, there's no cuisine link?

I want chocolate pudding!

Date: June 03, 2003 05:33PM

Ok, I got there, I had to put it to full screen cos scrolling wasn't working

Sounds very nice.. Might try that sometime :)

Posted by: kaz (139.134.57.---)
Date: June 03, 2003 11:09PM

Did I do the right thing? All I got was a page on Apache software. Have I been jipped? Did I stuff up? Where's the chocolate pudding?

Don't get between me and chocolate. I can get violent. I live within sight of the Australian Cadbury factory for a reason, you know!

Date: June 04, 2003 01:38PM

Apache software?!

You may have been dumped somewhere other than the home page, for some reason. Patrick's site is a bit unconventional. If you're on the right site, the bar at the top of your browser will contain the words "Hoom hom". Try looking for a link that says "Home".

I'm not enough of a webgeek to understand all the technical whys and wherefores, but I do know that it's not possible to direct people to a specific page on Patrick's site, hence all the instructions to click and scroll. I also know that Patrick is a Mac user, if that's relevant in any way.

Anyway, I'll ask him if he knows what's going on, and see if he can help.

..........................................................................................

Sarah

Date: June 05, 2003 09:58AM

Patrick says his site is not fully php-compliant (whatever the heck that means), and if anyone is having trouble finding the recipes there is an indexed list here:

[evergreen.27names.org]

However, the names aren't terribly informative (I've looked), so you'll have to hunt, I'm afraid. I'll try and identify the right one myself later when I have a bit of time, but if anyone is bored and wants to have a look through in the meantime, I'd be really grateful if they would post the title of the correct recipe - thanks!

Sarah

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.