New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: I haven't started a thread recently
Posted by: Rob (---.leeds.ac.uk)
Date: July 02, 2003 09:39AM

I'm pretty sure Flanders and Swann did tour Oz (although it was back in the late 50's / early 60's).

Posted by: Simon (---.lancing.org.uk)
Date: July 02, 2003 09:46AM

Good morning to all of you, as this is my first post of the day, unless your geographical location makes this inappropriate in which case "Good whatevertimeofdayitisforyou" instead...
How many of you already knew that Donald Swann put music to some of Tolkien's verses, with JRRT's permission? A volume of these works was published back in the 1970s (when I saw it) or maybe even earlier, and Swann sometimes sang one of them ('A Elbereth Gilthoniel') solo at the piano during their stage shows... I've got it on a video of a show that they did in somewhere in the states.

"This was willed where what is willed... can get rather silly."

Posted by: Jo (---.ex.ac.uk)
Date: July 04, 2003 12:33PM

Oh wow - someone else that has heard of Swan's Tolkein music - I have the piano music for it, and absoultely love playing it. He actually wrote the music on his tour of Oz!

I adore Flanders and Swan - I also sang the Thermodynamics song in my Physics lessons (and under my breath in the exam - it was the only way I could rememebr them!)

I drink to drown my sorrows. Unfortunately they've learnt how to swim.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.