New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: Fetch!
Posted by: Tracy (---.hyperion.com)
Date: June 27, 2003 02:24PM

Sarah - I just sent the link to your website to a friend of mine who is a Stargate fanatic(a truly obsessed individual).

He's going to love your stories. Now, if I could just get him to read TN1 he would be almost perfect!

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: June 27, 2003 04:57PM

I printed the 'SB' story for Sarah, having enjoyed it myself, but just where do I find Stargate? I'm sure it's current but am too busy to be botherd to get TV listings. Sarah hasn't even got a TV - but she is stretching her hatred of the device to allow watching Stargate at my place to get more out of Sarah B's story. Stargate fans! Help!

Date: June 27, 2003 05:01PM

Sarah - Sam's diary needs a part 4. PLEASE!!

I have concluded that I will get nothing done at work today. Much to much to read and to many posts on fforum to catch up with.

Posted by: Sarah B (---.cable.ubr06.dudl.blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: June 27, 2003 07:01PM

Tracy - part four of Sam's Diary I am currently writing. It's about a page away from being done, then I just have to type it up. So you shouldn't have too long to wait. :) I'm glad you liked them, thank you for your praise and I hope that your friend enjoys them too!

Dave - "Sky One is currently broadcasting every season (currently Season 2) every Weekday at 11am. Sky One Mix is currently broadcasting the episode that was shown the day before on Sky One, at 1:40pm and then again at 7pm. Channel 4 for terrestrial viewers is broadcasting the season 5 finale on Sunday 15 June then will not be showing any more Stargate until they air Season 6 later this year." So saith an official-type website. So good luck finding them! If not then your local blockbuster video should have some episodes of sorts.

Sarah - I'm glad you enjoyed it. The humour ones require the least knowlege of otehr characters, certinaly the fairytale ones.
But they are better when you know the people involved, obviously.

You can download episodes off the internet if you want to watch them but can't find them elsewhere.

--------------

There's a hole in my creativity bucket and it's all leaked out.

Date: June 27, 2003 07:11PM

If I knew what season we were currently in the middle of here in the US I would happily tape the episodes and ship them over.

There are 2 different episodes on tomorrow(Saturday) and then another on Sunday. All are earlier seasons on different channels. I feel like I'm in my own time loop watching them.

Posted by: Sarah B (---.cable.ubr06.dudl.blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: June 27, 2003 08:05PM

I know the feeling...

PSD is conspicuos (sp) in his absence this evening...

Meanwhile, if you like my fanfic then re-pay me by voting for my website in the Stargate Top 50... There's a link right at the bottom of the page, with a cool 'ickle picture. It's at the bottom of the Navbar.html page.

Thank you muchly. Only I'm down at 91 or some such at the moment and I'd really like to get up a bit higher...

--------------

There's a hole in my creativity bucket and it's all leaked out.

Date: June 27, 2003 08:15PM

You know, I noticed that he seemed awfully quiet. Actually the whole fforum is quiet. Must be because it's a Friday night.

I did vote for your site!! I also took your quizzes. Let's see, I was a Native American in another life and I'm a Gryffendor.

Posted by: poetscientistdrinker (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: June 28, 2003 04:14PM

My abscence can be simply expalined by the fact that last night saw the annual Old Boys vs School boat race at my old school. THe school lost by a canvas, meaning that I have been in a victorious old boys' crew for three years running.

It was won by a canvas, in a really tight race. I thought we were going to lose until the last 50m or so. I had quite a laugh as the opposing cox is also an old boy who coxes for Warwick Uni, so I forced him over at the corner and was generally nasty and devious. And it worked...

PSD

==========

This is the work of an Italian narco-anarchic collective. Don't bother insulting them, they can't read English anyway.

Posted by: kaz (139.134.58.---)
Date: June 28, 2003 11:18PM

You wouldn't know how to be nast and devious, surely?

(Yeah, right. In a pigs eye)

Posted by: Sarah (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: June 29, 2003 11:07AM

It's a very long time since I've heard that last expression. Not many people seem to know what it means over here. I always thought it was American in origin... is it Australian after all, then?

..........................................................................................

That which does not kill us makes us stranger.
(Llewelyn the dragon, Ozy and Millie)

Sarah

Date: June 29, 2003 11:34AM

www.jimhawkridge.uk.eu.org/photos/boatrace

for anyone wnating a look at the mottley crew I was coxing. I'm the gimp wioth the red hair, as if you couldn't guess...

Any requests for dates with the bloke at the far end (left side of the photo, to my right...) will be passed on.

PSD

==========

This is the work of an Italian narco-anarchic collective. Don't bother insulting them, they can't read English anyway.

Date: June 29, 2003 12:17PM

Not wanting to carp, but it takes about 10 seconds to brighten a photo in Paint Shop Pro... those were so dark I couldn't tell which was you, and I've actually met you!

..........................................................................................

Sarah

Date: June 29, 2003 02:26PM

Funny, I could...

I had nothing to do with the photos, other than being in them, so don't blame me... It helps if you get the large versions (the ones of the two crews afterwards have hi-res versions)

PSD

==========

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.dalect01.va.comcast.net)
Date: June 29, 2003 06:19PM

nice hair, Ben LOL....I'm trying to figure out where in nature they found that color! (actually, I quite like it and had a similar shade once when I was in school)

Date: June 29, 2003 08:12PM

Yes, but PSD, I think you've met you more often than I've met you. :-)

Sarah

Date: June 29, 2003 10:38PM

In the unlikely event of me meeting myself down a dark alley, both of me would run away equally quickly, screaming.

(stolen off Nick Hornby)

PSD

==========

Posted by: kaz (139.134.57.---)
Date: June 30, 2003 04:17AM

Cheery looking bunch, some of them. BTW, PSD, is there any special reason why we'd want dates with the bloke at the end? Is he some rich prince looking for an Australian wife who is already married with three kids? If so, I'm there!

Sarah - To be honest I have no idea where that expression comes from, but it's used fairly often over here. Maybe it is Australian. Dunno. Can anybody (ie Jon) help us with that one?

Posted by: Magda (---.dialip.mich.net)
Date: June 30, 2003 01:47PM

I found one website which claimed "pig's eye" was rhyming slang for "lie", which was my suspicion in any case. I know there's still quite of bit of rhyming slang in use in Oz, even if a lot of it has mutated or been shortened from the original.

Certainly the phrase is used here in the States as well, but I don't think much of anyone here knows the origin. Sounds like rhyming slang to me, but then again I'm just a Seppo.

--------------
"I've often said that the difference between British and American SF TV series is that the British ones have three-dimensional characters and cardboard spaceships, while the Americans do it the other way around."
--Ross Smith

Date: June 30, 2003 06:21PM

Hmm, Cockney rhyming slang would tend towards porkies, as in pork pie = lie.

The bloke on the end is highly eligible, as well as good looking. Unfortunately he doesn't appear to be able to bring himself to ask anybody out, so we need somebody to take the lead.

PSD

==========

Date: June 30, 2003 07:34PM

He's far too young for me - sorry!

Sarah

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.