New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: PSD blog...
Posted by: kaz (139.134.57.---)
Date: July 05, 2003 05:19AM

Oooh, the temptation.....

Posted by: Sarah B (---.cable.ubr06.dudl.blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: July 06, 2003 03:31PM

If having short hair, glasses and wearing trousers makes me a lesbian then I guess I'm in touble on that front too... ;-)

--------------

There's a hole in my creativity bucket and it's all leaked out.

Posted by: Sarah (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: July 06, 2003 03:59PM

I can do the glasses and the trousers, but my hair hasn't been really short since I had it cut for a fancy dress party which I attended as Avon. (Well, I was going to be Servalan, but unless you're stick-thin you just can't get away with those frocks!) This got an unexpected reaction from the Irish landlady of the pub where the party was held.

"Oh," she enthused to my then husband afterwards, "Sarah looked beautiful in that outfit!"

"Ann," said my ex, "you do realise she was dressed as this science-fiction psycho type who ended up shooting his best friend, don't you?"

"I don't care," replied Ann stoutly, "she looked beautiful, she looked lovely..."

Just for the record, Ann isn't a lesbian either, though you could perhaps be forgiven for wondering!

..........................................................................................

That which does not kill us makes us stranger.
(Llewelyn the dragon, Ozy and Millie)

Sarah

Posted by: belochka (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: July 06, 2003 04:52PM

It must've been down to your convincing Avon-ness on the evening!

Date: July 06, 2003 06:36PM

I'm not sure, but I'll tell you what, being Avon was fun just for one evening! I certainly wouldn't want to be him for any longer than that, though. Poor chap.

..........................................................................................

Sarah

Posted by: kaz (139.134.58.---)
Date: July 06, 2003 11:59PM

He did have a few problems, ol' Avon. Like being named after a cosmetics range....

Posted by: poetscientistdrinker (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: July 07, 2003 12:01AM

"I certainly wouldn't want to be him for any longer than that, though."

Would that make you the "Bored of Avon"? Arf, and indeed, arf.

PSD

==========

This is the work of an Italian narco-anarchic collective. Don't bother insulting them, they can't read English anyway.

Posted by: kaz (139.134.58.---)
Date: July 07, 2003 12:21AM

Someone get out the gun.....

Posted by: poetscientistdrinker (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: July 07, 2003 01:12AM

1,000 words on alcohol. What are the chances of me writing that, eh?

PSD

==========

This is the work of an Italian narco-anarchic collective. Don't bother insulting them, they can't read English anyway.

Date: July 07, 2003 09:22AM

Good grief. Just when I think I've heard all the Avon jokes, up pops good old PSD with another one!

Fortunately I am in a very good mood at the moment, because I've just had news of next year's Star One convention (Blake's 7) and Skiffle and I are going. We might even be sitting with Paul Darrow at the celebrity dinner if we're very lucky... and whatever you think of Avon, Paul himself is anything but boring.

Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Sarah

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.