New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
I hate the Malverns
Posted by: Sarah B (---.cable.ubr06.dudl.blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: June 30, 2003 09:58PM

Just thought I'd point that out. They are responsibler for my current illness.

Well, to be pedantic, techincally I am resposnible for it, because I was ill this morning and went on the Geology field trip regardless. Unfortuneately I am not well enough to clamber over large hills such as them, and came home feeling like someone was pounding me over the head with a large lump of granite.

The torrential downpour didn't help either. Ack.

I think I need my bed now...

--------------

There's a hole in my creativity bucket and it's all leaked out.

Re: I hate the Malverns
Date: June 30, 2003 09:59PM

Ignore the spelling mistakes... it's late and my head hurts.

PSD - make a sarcastic response about my spelling and I will throw this handy lump of Malvern-garnered Granite at you. I really have no wish to keep it at any rate.

--------------

Posted by: poetscientistdrinker (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: June 30, 2003 10:00PM

Erm, is that the same handy lump that is giving you the headache? Might be better to share it around then.

And I know my spelling has got less wobbly since I got a desk of sorts in here, but I still wouldn't say anything just in case.

PSD

==========

This is the work of an Italian narco-anarchic collective. Don't bother insulting them, they can't read English anyway.

Date: June 30, 2003 10:01PM

If it was the same, don't you think I'd throw it out the window and be done with it?

I may be tired and ill, but I'm not stupid.

--------------

Date: June 30, 2003 10:03PM

As a mark of my concern over your illness I'm going to ignore that open goal and look tactfully away...

Get well soon...

PSD

==========

This is the work of an Italian narco-anarchic collective. Don't bother insulting them, they can't read English anyway.

Date: June 30, 2003 10:06PM

(that's 'get well soon so I can resume normal service without feeling vaguely guilty', you understand - not a gesture of sympathy)

PSD

==========

Posted by: Sarah (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: June 30, 2003 10:20PM

I actually like the Malverns... but then I haven't been trailing round them looking for rock samples in a downpour.

Get well soon!

..........................................................................................

That which does not kill us makes us stranger.
(Llewelyn the dragon, Ozy and Millie)

Sarah

Posted by: dante (---.internal.omneuk.com)
Date: June 30, 2003 10:48PM

Pah. If you go clambering over large hills by choice then you deserve all you get, frankly.

I keep telling people exercise is bad for you, and no-one ever listens to me...

:--

Do something pretty while you can...

Date: June 30, 2003 10:52PM

I'm so tempted to trot out a version of the old line here. In fact, I can't resist.

My grandfather was killed by too much excercise. He got hit by a truck as he crossed the road to the gym.

PSD

==========

Posted by: Holly Daze (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: July 01, 2003 12:21PM

I agree absolutely, if you excercise a lot everything just wears out that much quicker. Stay on the sofa and read.

Posted by: Auntysassy (193.132.206.---)
Date: July 01, 2003 12:45PM

Poor you - hope you feel better soon. Buy yourself a copy of WOLP - that should do the trick :-)

Date: July 01, 2003 06:51PM

You think that I walked over the Malverns *voluntarily*?

Up hills and stuff? Yeah right...

The thing about field trips is that they're kind of compulsory. Believe me, if I'd had any choice I would've stayed at home.

Thank you all for your kind concern (and PSD for his abstainance from sarcasm) I am feeling a smidgin better today, which is good. Especially since I am traversing Cambridge on Thursday, with a college concert in the evening and then ditto in Oxford on Friday. I'm gonna be shattered again by Saturday.

I would buy a copy of WOLP, only it's on order from Amazon, so I've gotta wait for the copy to arrive... I'm too broke to buy a second!

And PSD, you, sympathetic? I wouldn't dream of it...

--------------

Posted by: belochka (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: July 01, 2003 11:32PM

Sarah B - Where in Oxford will you be traversing and is that something that members of the public, like me, can watch? :)

Posted by: dante (---.thls.bbc.co.uk)
Date: July 02, 2003 08:27AM

Sarah - but you were ill! You had an excuse not to go!

Hope you feel better anyway :o)

Enjoy Oxford and Cambridge.

:--

Do something pretty while you can...

Date: July 02, 2003 07:03PM

I really should have stayed at home, yes, but for some stupid reason I convinced myself it was important to go...

I'm actually looking around the university in Oxford and Cambridge, so I guess you're very welcome to watch... :-)

--------------

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.