New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5
Re: A low grumbling followed by..
Posted by: Magda (---.dialip.mich.net)
Date: July 10, 2003 02:59AM

Sadly, I won't be reading WOLP in my new bed (at least not the first time), because I had a choice of having it delivered tomorrow (which won't work, because I'll be at work and not home) or the next soonest was Wednesday of next week, on which date I'm spending the day at a local art fair with my mother. So my new bed will be delivered (ironically) on Thursday Next.

The reason for the purchase is simply that my old bed has suddenly, over the past few weeks, gone from sagging a bit to having almost no support whatsoever. And there's a big 4th of July Sale that ended tonight which let me get 18 month financing at 0% interest, so I was able to actually get a *good* bed rather than another @#$%& one like the last.

You will be pleased to know that the package waiting for me when I got home was, in point of fact, a softback copy of WOLP, so you can stop waiting for a scream of frustration to echo across the Pond. And you should see me in the WOLP fforum in a few days time (how few depending on how much I sleep in the next couple days, since I'm busy pretty much all of my normal waking hours between now and Friday evening).

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.dalect01.va.comcast.net)
Date: July 10, 2003 02:44PM

YAY Magda!!

Posted by: Jo (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: July 10, 2003 03:26PM

Yay! Enjoy! :) John's still waiting for his copy - he ordered his through our friendly local bookshop, only for the guy to phone up his suppliers on the 5th, and for them to tell him that it was not going to be published until the 7th?!? I got mine from Waterstones on the same day :)

I drink to drown my sorrows. Unfortunately they've learnt how to swim.

Posted by: Magda (---.dialip.mich.net)
Date: July 10, 2003 07:14PM

I ordered mine from amazon.uk on May 10, they shipped it on July 4, and I received it on the 9th. Not too bad for being on the wrong side of the Atlantic.

Posted by: kaz (139.134.57.---)
Date: July 11, 2003 04:42AM

Still waiting impatiently for the 7th August. Sulking slightly.....

Posted by: AlisonS (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: July 11, 2003 10:22PM

Kaz I've got 2 paperbacks - d'you want me to send you one?

Posted by: kaz (139.134.58.---)
Date: July 12, 2003 06:22AM

I'd love you to. But I live in Australia. What can we arrange?

Posted by: splat21 (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: July 12, 2003 04:33PM

I can post it to you if you email me your address - no problem. Email's asdalguise@btintenet.com (sorry for taking so long to reply - inadvertantly went to sleep - like you do...)

Post Edited (07-12-03 23:30)

_ _ _ _ _

If the English language made any sense, a catastrophe would be an apostrophe with fur.

Date: July 13, 2003 06:51AM

Details sent - check your email!

Posted by: splat21 (195.217.253.---)
Date: July 13, 2003 08:24AM

Kaz v sorry just realised I typed the email address wrong *slaps head* it's asdalguise@btinternet.com . Please can you send it again? Thanks a lot <wanders off disconsolately back to work...>

_ _ _ _ _

If the English language made any sense, a catastrophe would be an apostrophe with fur.

Date: July 13, 2003 11:38PM

Okay, Take Two. email resent. See how we go this time :)

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.