New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Vacation reading ideas
Posted by: AnnMarie (---.brainerd.net)
Date: July 13, 2003 04:05AM

Guess What!! My mom got an advance readers copy of Brick Lane from the store where she works. I'm excited, it looks really good.

Posted by: Magda (---.dialip.mich.net)
Date: July 13, 2003 04:31AM

Ranger is a character in the Stephanie Plum mystery series by Janet Evanovich, the latest of which is the newly released "To the Nines". Ranger is actually his street name--his name is Carlos Manoso.

(Newly released there, that is. It's not out here until the 15th, and I'm on the waiting list to borrow it from the library, since I'm too poor/@#$%& to buy the hardback.)

Most women who read the books seem to end up lusting after either Joe Morelli or Ranger or both.

Posted by: dante (---.thls.bbc.co.uk)
Date: July 13, 2003 11:02AM

Strange how nobody seems to end up lusting after Vinnie...

I want to be Grandma Mazur when I get old, though.

:--

Do something pretty while you can...

Posted by: Lycanthra Pod (---.dsl.pipex.com)
Date: July 13, 2003 02:35PM

For a good laugh Dead Famous by Ben Elton is great. It really takes the mickey out of Big Brother. I can't be bothered with it this year. Having said that, I do like the psychological insight programme on Sunday evening.

Skiffle - I should have guessed you would read "The Cat Who......." books. I've got all of them to data, luckily Trev goes to the US and I make him bring the new ones back. Best read in order though.

Dante - I agree Ranger over Joe Morelli any day. The best character is Lula, damn skippy and I hope you don't wreck too many viewings or shoot too many roast chickens when you do get as old as Grandma Mazur!

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.