New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Book Blagging
Posted by: splat21 (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: July 11, 2003 08:11PM

Thanks Sarah - I'll wait & see what Jasper says (if he's got time to reply) and if I think I'll mess it up I'll have a word with Jon. Might be fun to do it!

Posted by: kaz (139.134.58.---)
Date: July 12, 2003 06:51AM

As a Domestic Goddess (and I was one before Nigella ever came on the scene) the only things I get to blag are bisuits and yummy desserts that I hav eto make myself anyway.

Life is unfair.....

Posted by: KT (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: July 12, 2003 11:28AM

You could come and work with me... (see earlier post)

Posted by: kaz (139.134.57.---)
Date: July 13, 2003 07:10AM

Cream cakes are only good on the odd occassion, when you really have a hankering for them. That doesn't happen to me very often.

Posted by: Intrigue (---.vic.bigpond.net.au)
Date: July 13, 2003 07:23AM

At least you get to blag cakes, I might get a blunt pencil or a blank test sheet if I'm lucky, from my work.

---
Those who forget the pasta are doomed to reheat it.

Posted by: Skiffle (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: July 13, 2003 08:02PM

When I first worked for the ES, I collected plenty of scrap paper - fax header sheets, that sort of thing; paper that was blank on one side, and could be used again. In six months, I got enough paper to last me for nearly two years.

The Employment Service (now part of the Department for Work and Pensions), has a pretty sound, pro-environment policy. Most waste paper is shredded and recycled, inkjet cartridges are sent for recycling and if any team finds themselves with a surplus of random office stuff, it is advertized on the intranet for other teams to use, if they need it. The main office lights in the building where I last worked responded to movement. If there were only two people in the office, the rest of the room would be dark, until someone got up and walked over to the photocopier, when the lights in that area would come on. It's energy efficient, but it made things rather gloomy if you were working alone.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.