New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Hey, anyone else here from Seattle?
Posted by: kaz (139.134.58.---)
Date: July 16, 2003 12:45AM

Okay, PSD. You go hide and we'll come looking for you.

Tomorrow.

Posted by: Magda (---.dialip.mich.net)
Date: July 16, 2003 04:35AM

You could always do what I did and make your own dodo(s). You can buy either the pattern or a whole kit from a woman in the States who has patterns for all kinds of critters. There's a link there from this page:
[www.jasperfforde.com]

So far, I've made the one pictured on that page (which is quite large), and Alan (the small one on the second of Jasper's online bookshelves). One of these days I'll get around to making a small one for myself too, and maybe get some pink fur and make one like the one at the vet's office that's part flamingo.

Posted by: kaz (139.134.58.---)
Date: July 16, 2003 07:46AM

That looks to be beyond my sewing capabilities. However, if anyone wants to volunteer to make one for me, feel free. :)

Posted by: Sarah (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: July 16, 2003 02:37PM

There's also a website called DodoIsland, based in Mauritius. That's where I got Dido, but, be warned, they can be slow and inefficient and may need chasing up.

..........................................................................................

That which does not kill us makes us stranger.
(Llewelyn the dragon, Ozy and Millie)

Sarah

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.STTNWAHO.covad.net)
Date: July 19, 2003 04:26AM

Gaah! I can see this fforum business requires more online time than I seem to have. Here I start a nice new thread, and by the time I get back to it, it's moved to the "older posts" page! Just because I have to start my internship, frantically find a mover who won't laugh at me when I say I need them in two weeks, look for a new flat, endure a cold and sinus infection (who gets sick in July?—Aussies need not apply), read Pride and Prejudice again (an anodyne to the rest of my life)... Now someone's alarm is going off splendidly right outside my window. *sigh* I can't tell you how much I am looking forward to October, by which time I will, I trust, have a new place, a job, no cold, some rain (please God), and my life back.

Meanwhile, thanks to all for general Seattle appreciation, even if none of you live here. Apart from the crappy air, traffic that appears to have become as inspired by Italy as our coffee, lame public transport, and dreadful sales tax, it's a pretty fine place to live.

It would be ludicrous for me even to attempt to climb the posting ladder, so I will just laugh at your posts and save my breath. After all, I am more interested in saying something scintillating than in yakking for its own sake—if only because I'd rather read less with more import than vice versa. OK, now *I'm* babbling. Cheerio!

Posted by: ilovespike (---.visp.co.nz)
Date: July 19, 2003 11:18AM

I went to dodo island when I was researching for my speech: yes, you guessed it. I did do dodos as my school speech topic and almost everyone was sniggering throughout it, except a couple of my friends burst out laughing when i mentioned jasper and pickwick. I don't think my drama teacher got it though *sigh*.

from me:)

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.