New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Pratchett Fans
Posted by: poetscientistdrinker (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: July 17, 2003 02:22AM

Hedgehog Song

I've changed the link to somewhere without a load of other dubious material (I was searching for Kaz's dodo toys, honest).

Post Edited (07-17-03 03:25)

PSD

==========

This is the work of an Italian narco-anarchic collective. Don't bother insulting them, they can't read English anyway.

Re: Pratchett Fans
Posted by: kaz (139.134.57.---)
Date: July 17, 2003 08:13AM

*snort* Like it.

Posted by: Dell (---.range81-152.btcentralplus.com)
Date: July 17, 2003 10:06AM

is anyone else going to CCDE?

this was written by me, Andrea, after I had logged on

POOT!!!

Post Edited (07-17-03 11:07)

Posted by: Bluebottle (---.server.ntl.com)
Date: July 17, 2003 10:53AM

If you like that, you may like this...

[www.lspace.org]

Posted by: Bluebottle (---.server.ntl.com)
Date: July 17, 2003 10:54AM

is anyone else going to CCDE?

<raises hand>

Haven't yet checked the larger tent we got is all in one piece, though.

Posted by: Andrea (---.range81-152.btcentralplus.com)
Date: July 17, 2003 11:20AM

so you are *that* bluebottle :-)

long time no see :-)

---
Sylvester says.... *plock*

actually he says peep, cheep, chirrup, squalk,muttermuttergrumblegrumble, oh and now he falls off his pirch whish is followed by a sheepish peek round to see if anyone was looking and a quick scramble back up

Posted by: Andrea (---.range81-152.btcentralplus.com)
Date: July 17, 2003 11:20AM

why does preview send double posts?

(says she editing the second one :-))

Post Edited (07-17-03 12:21)

---
Sylvester says.... *plock*

actually he says peep, cheep, chirrup, squalk,muttermuttergrumblegrumble, oh and now he falls off his pirch whish is followed by a sheepish peek round to see if anyone was looking and a quick scramble back up

Posted by: dante (---.internal.omneuk.com)
Date: July 18, 2003 10:55PM

Ooh, when's CCDE again? I've never been, it sounds cool.

I bought two little pewter figures yesterday - the librarian and Death - and a little wooden luggage, from a very wonderful shop in the Corn Exchange, with a lovely lady working in it. She said she had an event last year where the Clarecraft people came up to the shop! And they'd try to do it again *next* August, if I was around...ur...

And there were slates with sort of fossilized fairy skeletons on them. I want.

:--

Do something pretty while you can...

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.STTNWAHO.covad.net)
Date: July 19, 2003 06:42AM

Very droll. But I'm holding out for "A Wizard's Staff has a Knob on the End"

Posted by: ilovespike (---.visp.co.nz)
Date: July 19, 2003 10:51AM

Oh, I want that one too! Fave Pratchett book anyone?

Mine is definitely Soul Music followed by Night Watch tied with Witches Abroad tied with Men At Arms tied with Hogfather.

And I luuuurve Good Omens and The Wee Free Men too.

from me :)

Posted by: violentViolet (---.dip.t-dialin.net)
Date: July 19, 2003 11:01AM

Soul Music used to be one of my favourite ones, but since i've written a termpaper on it what made me almost know it by heart now, i think i'll never touch it again. I prefer the Death and the Witches novels a lot over the Watch novels, but my absolute favourite is Small Gods,... followed by Hogfather.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Colourless green ideas sleep furiously.

(N. Chomsky 1957)

Posted by: Sarah (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: July 19, 2003 12:06PM

I think my favourite is still Reaper Man, but it's very hard to pick out just one.

..........................................................................................

That which does not kill us makes us stranger.
(Llewelyn the dragon, Ozy and Millie)

Sarah

Date: July 19, 2003 05:45PM

God, what an awful question. I adore Small Gods and Soul Music (I have them both autographed), and will always have a soft spot for The Light Fantasic, being the first one I read (there were only two at the time) (also it has that bit that always has me in hysterics about Olaf Quimby II and linguistic accuracy: "Ankh-Morpork! Pearl of cities!"). I love them all for different reasons: the camels in Pyramids make me howl, all of the books with Susan in them (my best friend is called Susan and I can't help thinking how similar they are in some ways)...

However I have to say that, for the time being anyway, I think The Truth is my favorite. I don't think I stopped laughing from beginning to end, and the dwarfs were especially good: Goudy, Bodoni and so on—oops, I mean Gowdie and Boddony! No one who has ever drooled over a letterpress will not find this one a scream. And as always it is full of the usual deadly insight about people and society that make the books so worth coming back to again and again.

Posted by: Lycanthra Pod (---.dsl.pipex.com)
Date: July 19, 2003 05:55PM

It is said, with the amount of book signing TP does, the only books that will be worth anything will be the unsigned books.

Date: July 19, 2003 06:05PM

That may well be true in some places, but here in Seattle, where he does not come very often, they are still somewhat rare. (He was here last year, but I had a rehearsal that night! Grrrr.)

Posted by: splat21 (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: July 19, 2003 06:45PM

Mine are probably Reaper Man, then Lords & Ladies, then Night Watch and then the rest of the witches & watch ones... but very hard to choose.

_ _ _ _ _

If the English language made any sense, a catastrophe would be an apostrophe with fur.

Posted by: Lycanthra Pod (---.dsl.pipex.com)
Date: July 19, 2003 08:12PM

Humilitas - Keep hold of those books, if he comes my way again, I'll force him to eat Rat-on-a-stick until he agrees to cross the pond

Date: July 19, 2003 09:48PM

Aargh, I forgot! I also love Thief of Time and the Johnny Maxwell trilogy is still pretty cool. Oh fudge, can I just say that I love all that I've read so far?!

from me :)

P.S Equal Rites was my ffaavvoouurriittee when I was youger.

&quot;What I need is a strong drink and a peer-group.&quot; -Ford Prefect

Posted by: Jo (---.ipt.aol.com)
Date: July 19, 2003 11:03PM

Can't go to CCDE this year - I'm on holiday :( (plus methinks the cost would be a bit prohibitive what with having to get a flat as well...) But there's always next year!

Fave TP book.... I've always loved Good Omens - I read it before seeing Omen, and as a consqeuence annoyed my brothers muchly by laughing in all the scary bits. Fave Discworlds - Thief of Time and Maskerade.

I drink to drown my sorrows. Unfortunately they've learnt how to swim.

Date: July 19, 2003 11:31PM

Joy of Joys! I went to the video shop last night and they've got Soul Music. Woopee!

from moy :D

&quot;What I need is a strong drink and a peer-group.&quot; -Ford Prefect

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.