New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: My TN's have been booknapped!
Posted by: Anonymous User (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: July 20, 2003 11:17PM

Sarah - never lend your friends men who run off with your strange books.

Barbie - love the pic. I appreciate your English too, if we had to use my Deutsch we'd be in real trouble. I made a serious attempt at pronunciation in German at school, only to be laughed at by the rest of the class. The teacher said I did a very good Sud Deutsch, but from then on I did a very good 'hide and never let them laugh at me again'. French I hated - but that was down to a really dreadful teacher.

Marillion good, Silmarillion very good.

Have they done a German version of 'The Silmarillion'? Tolkien could have translated 'The Lord of the Rings' into practically any (dead!) North European language himself, though it must be interesting for Finns to see Quenya.

Or have I got you completely lost now?

Posted by: Sarah (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: July 20, 2003 11:21PM

Er, yes indeed. Thanks for the advice. I shall be sure never to lend my friends men of any sort!

Could you please consider the idea of leaving so I can go to bed? You do want me to be working efficiently tomorrow, don't you?

..........................................................................................

That which does not kill us makes us stranger.
(Llewelyn the dragon, Ozy and Millie)

Sarah

Posted by: Skiffle (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: July 20, 2003 11:36PM

You'll have to be firmer than that, Sarah, you know what Dave's like. Tell him he won't get any pudding tomorrow unless he leaves in the next ten minutes.

Posted by: Sarah (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: July 20, 2003 11:38PM

I've just started a whole new thread to ask him to leave in!

..........................................................................................

That which does not kill us makes us stranger.
(Llewelyn the dragon, Ozy and Millie)

Sarah

Posted by: ilovespike (---.visp.co.nz)
Date: July 21, 2003 05:49AM

Hey humilitas, Waiwera is pretty cool, isn't it? The only thing is whenever I go, it's with school after camp and it's always pretty grotty and gross.

Oh well.

- _ _ _ _ _

"What I need is a strong drink and a peer-group." -Ford Prefect

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.STTNWAHO.covad.net)
Date: July 21, 2003 07:36AM

I can't remember if it was either of those things, it was 17 years ago. I do remember we had a blast, and it wasn't very crowded (probably a weekday morning, in that case). I loved the waterslide especially. (Of course, we have those in America, but always frightfully crowded and with lines to rival Disneyland (but less entertainment while you wait—has anyone else noticed that all the plants at DL are edible? Classy gardening on their part, plus no lawsuits), so not, in my opinion, worth the bother.) But then I have always had a peculiar delight in falling from great distances into water in a variety of interesting ways, God knows why. Not something I do very often, though; I'm ashamed to realize I haven't been swimming since that geology field trip to Hawaii in college. Right before the Gulf War. *sigh* Mind you, I'd rather go back to NZ than for a swim, given the choice! :)

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.