New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Oi, Dave R!
Posted by: Sarah (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: July 26, 2003 12:30PM

I tell him when to go home, so that I can go to bed. What he does when he gets home is his own business. Fortunately I can go to bed when I want for the next couple of nights, because he's got his children with him so he won't be coming over here.

You won't find me on the Fforum late tonight!

..........................................................................................

That which does not kill us makes us stranger.
(Llewelyn the dragon, Ozy and Millie)

Sarah

Posted by: Skiffle (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: July 29, 2003 12:28AM

Sunday afternoon, Sarah came round and we had a nice time starting work on my Literary Cat jigsaw. She left about 7, and a while later I got a call from Dave R asking if I needed any more help with the jigsaw. So I said yes. The jigsaw is now mostly done, and I had a very late night !

Posted by: kaz (144.139.77.---)
Date: July 29, 2003 02:06AM

I love jigsaws, but when I lived at home with Mum and Dad I used to have to fight Dad for possession of the jigsaw to prevent him doing the lot.

Posted by: Nicky (---.dsl.emhril.ameritech.net)
Date: July 29, 2003 04:01AM

Dave R,

I'd love a copy of it, too, if it's not too much trouble. I think my email should be able to handle it.

Thanks,

Nicky.

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: July 29, 2003 02:51PM

Nicky,

Will attend to shortly. Hotmail doesn't like me at the moment.

In advance of reading, 'Squirdle' is entirely Sarah's character, and the book follows on from her story 'The Bodyswappers'. I don't think this need be read before 'The Nextarillion', as references are relatively few, but we hope to have 'The Bodyswappers' available for e-mail before too long, having saved it from the extinct version of the Fforum.

You may or may not be in a position to comment on Squirdle, if so talk to Sarah! I resurrect Simon's thread 'About the Nextarillion' whenever I get requests, for readers' convenience.

Posted by: AnnMarie (207.218.44.---)
Date: July 29, 2003 04:52PM

*waves hand in the air* me too, me too! If you have a moment I'd like a copy. I don't know if my email can handle it, but lets give it a try.

Posted by: Nicky (206.166.29.---)
Date: July 29, 2003 05:43PM

Dave,

Thanks for sending it. I look forward to many enjoyable hours reading it.

Nicky.

Posted by: AnnMarie (---.238.45.87.ptr.us.xo.net)
Date: July 30, 2003 04:47AM

Thanks Dave! Looks like it came through fine :)

Posted by: Magda (---.dialip.mich.net)
Date: July 30, 2003 06:17AM

Got mine too, but haven't printed it yet.

--------------
"I've often said that the difference between British and American SF TV series is that the British ones have three-dimensional characters and cardboard spaceships, while the Americans do it the other way around."
--Ross Smith

Date: July 30, 2003 12:27PM

It's going to take ages to print...Dave, you are very prolific

Posted by: kaz (144.139.77.---)
Date: July 30, 2003 12:46PM

Oh, Nicky! If you can't say something nice about someone, don't say anything at all!

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: July 30, 2003 02:32PM

80,000 words in 60 days while doing 60 hours work a week and moving house. Oh, Sarah did three chapters. Don't tell me about struggling artists. And that's just N3. With N1 & 2 included it's about 97,000 words, or novel length, which was my aim. Trouble was I only got a third of the intended content into it, these books will write themselves --- or is it all that hardware in WOLP?

Prolific? My ex wife was technically capable of conceiving on four days while we were married. I have two children. Nuff said.

Post Edited (07-30-03 15:36)

Date: July 31, 2003 02:09AM

Congratulations. Someone did something right...

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.