New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Forum testing
Posted by: Ptolemy (217.205.174.---)
Date: August 04, 2003 08:39AM

I'm currently testing some new forum software on behalf of various people around the world that I communicate with in the music business (bands, record labels, writers, fans etc)

At the moment there's only one "open" forum (plus a hidden one for administrative purposes; at least I think it's hidden!), but in due course there will probably be several appearing.

Anyway the point of all this is, I could do with some people to test it and suggest improvements etc. And since you lot are amongst the most avid forum users I know I thought I'd ask you!

Here's the link:

[terrascope.co.uk]

At the moment it's open to anyone to sign up, though I'll eventualy "lock it down" so that it's by invitation only. Anyway, feel free to sign up, have a play and post away on there. See you on the other side...

-----------------------------------------------------------

* I'm backing the campaign to get the official Stalker for 2007 evicted *

Re: Forum testing
Posted by: kaz (139.134.58.---)
Date: August 04, 2003 08:51AM

Okay, I went and registered and all that, but when I tried getting into the forum it kept telling that either my name of password was wrong, and I know neither were. Do I really smell that bad?

Date: August 04, 2003 09:32AM

Kaz, thanks for the enthusiastic effort there - unfortunately when I checked the list of registered members (so far!) just now you aren't listed. Waaaah!

Could you have another go d'you think please, honey? It's nothing to do with you being Antipodean since my mate from Melbourne's signed up and posting OK!

Go to policy, agree to the standard terms and conditions, and on the sign-up screen complete at least your email address (twice), chosen user name and password (twice) and then go back round and log into the forum.

I'm particularly keen to hear from anyone used to using this forum about what they perceive to be the differences in that one and whether they're for better or worse; e.g. the smilies that can be incorporated inline and whether they are a Good or Bad thing, the graphics that can be incorporated into signatures, the skip-to-last-post function (a little blue arrow against the topic name) etc etc

Thanks!

Posted by: Anonymous User (195.163.30.---)
Date: August 04, 2003 09:42AM

I tested registering and it worked out well.

/Mattias

Posted by: Carla (198.179.227.---)
Date: August 04, 2003 09:47AM

same here (went well)

Date: August 04, 2003 09:48AM

I noticed! Thanks Matthias!

And Carla too (so, post something!)

Post Edited (08-04-03 13:48)

-----------------------------------------------------------

* I'm backing the campaign to get the official Stalker for 2007 evicted *

Posted by: Intrigue (---.vic.bigpond.net.au)
Date: August 04, 2003 11:06AM

I can't get past terms and conditions - even after clicking "agree".

---
Those who forget the pasta are doomed to reheat it.

Posted by: Ptolemy (---.range81-152.btcentralplus.com)
Date: August 04, 2003 12:50PM

Thanks Intrigue; just out of interest, are you able to get into this forum's chat room? Cos it could be that mysterious Javascript setting that seems to be affecting a few of us in different ways. I can't think of any other reason why you shouldn't be able to sign up whereas others can. Keep trying anyway, be nice to chat to you over there as well!

Posted by: violentViolet (---.dip.t-dialin.net)
Date: August 04, 2003 01:01PM

hi!

seems to be slightly instable, i got several Error 500-messages.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Colourless green ideas sleep furiously.

(N. Chomsky 1957)

Posted by: dante (---.internal.omneuk.com)
Date: August 04, 2003 01:04PM

I got this message:

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a01fb'

An exception occurred: 'my_Conn.Execute'

/forum/register.asp, line 221

I refused all the cookies, but that shouldn't give you runtime errors I don't think?

:--

Do something pretty while you can...

Date: August 04, 2003 01:09PM

OK thanks, I'll look into that - yr right, there's no way those errors should be happening. Arrgh! Help!

Posted by: Tracy (---.hyperion.com)
Date: August 04, 2003 01:58PM

Ptolemy - registered, logged in and posted. No problems and no errors. Works quite well actually.

Posted by: SLIGHTCAP (---.dalect01.va.comcast.net)
Date: August 04, 2003 02:05PM

Ptolemy-- I registered and left a message. Seems to be working well!!

Date: August 04, 2003 07:17PM

Right, I'm off out for a couple of hours so - feel free to try and break the new forum if you can, and I'll try and sort any glitches out when I get back. Byee!!

Posted by: Skiffle (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: August 05, 2003 12:04AM

I logged in all right, and left a message. I'm properly registered an' all, so I've got a sig at last !

Posted by: Intrigue (---.netspace.net.au)
Date: August 05, 2003 12:13AM

Ptolemy - I can't use the chatroom either.

---
Those who forget the pasta are doomed to reheat it.

Posted by: kaz (139.134.58.---)
Date: August 05, 2003 01:20AM

Gottit now!

Posted by: einalem (---.auckland.clix.net.nz)
Date: August 05, 2003 06:00AM

can't get in,
mal-formed somethingerror

Date: August 05, 2003 08:24AM

You have a mal-formed WHAT error?! Try turning off the web-cam! Perhaps the software has taken an exception to you, Mel! :-)

Sorry... shouldn't laugh but honestly I've not seen that one before. Can you try again later? It's possible there was a temporary server glitch or something - I know one or two others have got in at the second attempt. Thanks!

Posted by: Holly Daze (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: August 05, 2003 10:54AM

Got in without any problems, lied when I agreed to accept terms and conditions tho, agreeing not to post anything 'sexually oriented' with you as founder member, riiightt! Did have a good look round, different from here for layout but not difficult to work out. Hope you have lots of fun there.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.